The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where can i get these brackets?

turbophein

click

i want these brackets but to pay $35 for shipping is crazy to me, who else is supplying them?

pot

Staff member
Quoting turbophein:
click

i want these brackets but to pay $35 for shipping is crazy to me, who else is supplying them?

If I'm not mistaken RTM is based in Canada hence the shipping price. I agree with you though, that is still a bit steep.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
You would likely be paying exactly what Ziggy is paying for shipping a box out the door via UPS.

Is that price quoted in US or CDN dollars?

Not sure if that included your duty/tax if any on top of that.

Shipping on the US end is, and always has been substantially cheaper; but recently they have been making up the gap with some companies (USPS to name one).

I'm one of the few guys here on the forum, that from our end on shipping, has been paying substantially more to acquire any and all parts coming from the US.

Don't worry not a knock on anyone here, just the reality of stuff having to cross the border and the extra cost that comes with it.

Your parts listed may be duty free? NAFTA?

They are made in Canada if that is an RTM in house product. They design and machine lots of stuff.

citymunky

If that ship using the Canada Post, than most likely you will not pay a duty fee. I have a few items shipped from a other countries postal services in the past and I never paid duty.

pagosadsm

It is much cheaper to make your own, I did. Get a piece of 1/2 steel and cut and drill your own brackets. I sent Ziggy plans for installing PBR 96 Corvette rear brakes on a 1st gen Talen or Galant.
Rick

jeverts

Sorry I'm not making these anymore. It is some what a risk item that I just don't really want to involve myself with. Now I don't doubt that .500 steel is going to hold up. It is a matter if it does break and someone gets into an accident with them, well my ass is on the line. Considering I do this on the side and don't have insurance for this.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned