The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who's using 1650 low z Injectors

bluzvr4

I have a chance on a new set of fic blue max 1650s and need to upgrade from my 1200s but was wondering if anyone has ran the newer style without a easy tune injector box and how well their car idled. Anyone here used these?

donniekak

Quoting bluzvr4:
I have a chance on a new set of fic blue max 1650s and need to upgrade from my 1200s but was wondering if anyone has ran the newer style without a easy tune injector box and how well their car idled. Anyone here used these?

Get the new 1650 high z injectors. They run like stock on gas or e85. All of the low z 1600+ injectors are garbage if you plan to actually drive the car anywhere except a race track.

prove_it

They suck. If you on E85 it's not too bad. If your on gas, you'll hate the crap out of them.

The issue is that the injectors get nasty bad pintle bounce at very low IDC. Mostly at idle. When that happens getting a good idle is a hard task. With E85 it's better as your idle IDC is higher than gas. I know some gas users were turning their fuel pressure down to as little as 30psi so at idle the IDC is higher and the pintle can function better.

ghostinthevr4

Quoting donniekak:
Quoting bluzvr4:

Get the new 1650 high z injectors. They run like stock on gas or e85. All of the low z 1600+ injectors are garbage if you plan to actually drive the car anywhere except a race track.

Biglady and prove it hit the nail on the head I don't have experience with the 1650's but close friends said the exact same thing about them, sucks on gas but E-85 they do well. This was use by using injector latency too.

I have 1450's and they work for both but take some work, then I purchased an easy tune box and that really did the trick.

I still want to get the 1650's high z though, I want to be able to run all fuels if possible consider I go back and fourth between pump and E-85.

Donnie do you have first hand experience with these injectors? I've seen the Lucas English video about them I just want some more feed back on them, I don't think many people shelled out the money for them.

There's not that much info of people running them other than the vendors, I wanna hear some real world results before dropping the coin.

donniekak

I have the high z 1650's in my car. I can idle at 17:1 if I want, and they are large enough to support a fp 3582htz at 40 psi.

ghostinthevr4

That's what I need I want to turn up my 3586 to 40psi, how's the driveability with them do they drive the same with both fuels?

Do you aim for 17.1 on idle?

Last edited:

donniekak

The driveability is stockish. I idle at stoich, but when I was dialing them in I could make them go much leaner. I've hit 90% dc with the 3582. The tune was still a little rich. They seem to work fine with gasoline.

bluzvr4

i plan on straight e85. i am on a 68hta and want to run 35 pounds. i would love high z injectors but i have a killer deal on brand new 1650s that i dont think i can pass up.

prove_it

They will work, but plan on a bunch of dialing in to get them to be happy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts