The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who makes/sells 3" TBE for VR4s?

diambo4life

Just wondering. It can't cost $1000 either. I'm in Oklahoma. I can easily drive on the street with an exhaust dump. No state inspections or emission checks here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**I accidentally left my exhaust at my old place when I moved. Went back a few days later and it was gone.** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

transparentdsm

if it doesnt really matter. why not buy a vibrant muffler and have a local shop weld up an exhaust for you. shouldn't cost much.

pot

Staff member
You have pretty much two options from in house fabrication shops:

- Road Race Engineering * I have one, and quality/figment is superb
- Certified Performane Muffler *Been around for a while now

Otherwise you can mate a DSM aftermarket exhaust with a bit of additional fabrication for little to nothing. Like Kingmarty, I'd go with RRE -these guys have been in the biz for 25 years now.

ghostinthevr4

RRE makes Galant specific VR4 exhaust that's news to me, were these a limit production or case by case scenario? If I would've known that I would've went to them, but I guess it doesn't matter I'm pretty happy with my CMP.

KiNgMaRtY

Oh and if bling is a factor, just know that the RRE exhausts are not chrome but black along with all of the piping. They call them stealthbacks.
Here are some pics of how it looks sticking out of the bumper.

EDIT: Oops, here is the link: click

Last edited:

diambo4life

Can't see the photos. Do you mind posting (or inboxing) how much it ran you from RRE? I'm looking hard at the CPM aluminized turboback. The price is good. I would have to tell them NOT to use a 4" tip though. I like stealthy looking exhausts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
(You can't see them because there aren't any). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Oops, here is the link: click

I don't recall the exact price and I did get special pricing since the car was already in the in the shop for a clutch job.

Last edited:

EMX5636

Nate Crisman, performancepartout.com has a used 3" stealth looking turbo-back exhaust. He said he would ship it, not sure if you'd be interested. I bought the twin tip version he had, and it fits awesome. Looks to be an older VRS or something.

turbofonz

I had the CM 3" on my old Galant and I loved it. I agree the tip is kind of... ehh... But it wasn't overly loud for a full 3" with only 1 muffler. No cat or resonator on mine and it wasn't terribly loud, but sounded awesome. SO awesome. This was on a FP manifold td05h car though. Yours might be a little noisier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Supposedly just extending a 1g exhaust is all you need to do.

Last edited:

ghostinthevr4

They do sell a lot of stuff that isn't listed my galant has been heavily modded for so long that when I started hanging out and drinking beers with them I never needed a 3 inch exhaust cause I already had it.

I still owe Honda Robert a race at button willow.

pot

Staff member
I'd send you a photo of my RRE exhaust but I'd get heckled to death w/ my 4" fart can. I'll see what I can dig up in the morning though so you can see some under the chassis shots.

diambo4life

Well RRE can only build the GVR4 exhausts for locals. I was told they don't have a jig for the GVR4 catback so they can only build it on the car...locally of course. Just an FYI.

ghostinthevr4

RRE does a lot of stuff for locals only sometimes part outs happen and people wind up with those parts.

I guess for a budget exhaust you can find a 1g and extend it.

If you have a higher budget I would go CMP they have different style tips that are stealth looking, the quality of there exhaust systems are very nice but they do cost depending on what options you go for.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned