The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Guess this bolt (Round #3)

pot

Staff member
This weekend I bought about 17 stack-on tray organizers in a quest to organize and categorize every nut, bolt, washer, screw, zip-tie, etc. in my personal inventory and one type of bolt repeatedly reared its ugly head. Since I'm also using my nifty Brother label maker I thought I'd go ahead and label each slot full of hardware.

I've made good progress thus far, however this one bolt pictured below (to include other similar shaped/styled ones) continues to elude me. Do any forum members here have any idea what this particular bolt goes to? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

citymunky

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It is it 10mm or 12mm?

NateCrisman

Those smooth tip 10mm headed 6mm 1.00 bolts are usually oil pan...but those are black color coated bolts on the oil pan....(plus the two short ones that go under the crank pulley.) I wouldn't have caught that as a trans bolt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

EMX5636

Damn. Transparent beat me to it. I have a few of them laying around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

prove_it

He must be well rehearsed in trannies....

fuel

that's why he's called transparentdsm.

holeshotmoe

With the hex shank and round head, it resembles the studs in the alternator and starter solenoid. The formed shank prevents it turning in the fixture when the head is not accessible. But the threads are too short. Trying to think what else uses that design. Similar pieces are used on the firewall mounted platform that the cruise control motor box sits on, but I think they're spot welded to the mount. Could it be a terminal in the fusible link box at the battery?

prove_it

Looks like the alternator stud on the upper arm maybe...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned