The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fluidampr peeps

G

Staff member
For the alt/ water pump belt I can't remember if the stock 39" belt works if you are running a fluidampr? For some reason I thought you had to go with a longer belt? It's been so long I forgot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

EMX5636

I'm running a Saturn alt with a custom bracket, so my belt length probably isn't correct for you, but yes, it does have a slightly larger pulley IIRC.

EMX5636

Although I think I've gotten the stock belt to work with moving the alternator all the way in towards the block. Sorry, it's also been a while... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CutlassJim

I can check this weekend with my engine that's on a stand if you can wait that long.

G

Staff member
Yeah lmk.

tektic

the stock alternator belt always seemed long to me anyway. no help I know just throwing that out there.

turbofonz

Stock belt here.

G

Staff member
I switched to a 40" belt, perfect fit. Not sure what happened to this pos goodyear but it started to de-laminate.

Last edited:

PolskiVR4

Since we are on the topic of fluidamprs, do you all use OEM crank pulley bolts or the arp bolts? I've been hearing that the OEM ones aren't long enough and that the arp's need lock washers added to them. Shed some light.

EMX5636

I use OEM bolts on mine. But I also torque them instead of just using an impact/etc. Never had an issue.

GotInsulin

As per Josh at JNZ, the ARP crank bolts are too long and even sometimes with the lock washers, will still leave extra space. As per his advice, when I purchased my Fluidampr, I purchased new OEM crank pulley bolts with as well and had no issues with installation.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

I just tried a 39" Gatorback belt and a stock MD187458 4PK995 belt and it fit great with my Fuildampr and stock alt.

BluFalcon

I'm using a stock belt on mine as well. It was tight, but I got it to slip on over the Fluidampr with the alternator up against the block.

turbofonz

Old Fluidamprs were thicker where the bolts go, so stock bolts ended up being too short and would pull threads out or shear. Newer ones have fixed that. Stock bolts here, 9000 rpms and never an issue.

And please use OEM mitsu belts. I never could get any aftermarket belts to STFU.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned