The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thread: About to do 120K mile Timing belt change....what else should i change?

XeoNoX

Hi, i have a 2006 galant 2.4L with 120K miles....im about to do the 120K timing belt change, i have following parts
2 Belts
2 Tensioners
1 Idler
1 Water Pump with water pump gasket and water pump gasket sealer/silicone.

i know its kinda of a big job so I was wondering before i give the car and those parts to my mechanic to change...is there anything else that i should look out for or change while i am in the process of changing the belts and water pump??

prove_it

1st, this forum is dedicated to the 6th gen galants, mostly the 91-92 VR4 models.

2nd, you'll wanna look at the cam and crank seals, if any sign of leakage, replace them.

OldHairyBastard

Replace the front crank seal for sure and hoses if they are starting to get hard or crack.

tektic

If the water pump is like the old engine it has an o-ring on the water pipe that should be changed. Probably comes with any decent pump kit though.

thruarod

Do those engines have the castle plug on the oil pump? It seems like those O-rings always get brittle and start to leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts