The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How many PNW GVR4s are up and running?

raptorWagon

We need to have a meet! But I'm also curious as to see how many VR4s are actually moving under their own power.

Need more GVR4s at meets like this lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
ztc9jk.jpg

EfiniX

The one's I know about are:

EHMotorsports in Beaverton, OR
Me in Portland, OR
My buddy John in Seattle, WA (not on the board these days)
TheDSMGuy in Vancouver, WA (not sure if his runs, but he's got 4 cars worth of parts in storage)

I think Coyotes sold his off. I know there's more, but those are the ones I know personally.

raptorWagon

- Slugg's with 461/1000 is up now
- of course Mark's 1051 runs lol
- Derek up here on Whidbey, his black car runs
- I know we got some recent new members over in the Everett/Lake Stevens area, but status unknown as well.
- not sure what Brian up in Bow/Bham is doing these days with his or Mitsuturbo in Monroe or status of Alan's (he's on Facebook I don't know about here) car in Seattle.
- Does Spencer (4thStroke) still have his?

mitsuturbo

Yeah. Mine is up and running. No issues that i know of at the moment other than i need to tune it better. I just don't like driving it much. I'm afraid to break it and fuel isn't cheap.

89Patches

Quoting mitsuturbo:
I just don't like driving it much. I'm afraid to break it and fuel isn't cheap.

Should have left it stock then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Get the car dialed in and enjoy it!

EfiniX

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Yeah. Mine is up and running. No issues that i know of at the moment other than i need to tune it better. I just don't like driving it much. I'm afraid to break it and fuel isn't cheap.

What are you running for engine management?

GSTwithPSI

Quoting mitsuturbo:
I just don't like driving it much. I'm afraid to break it

I used to be like that. Nowadays, I swap motors more than I do oil changes. Maybe that's my cue to improve my driving and/or wrenching skillz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting EfiniX:
Quoting mitsuturbo:

What are you running for engine management?

Link V3. SD.

Mdlimy

I'm in Portland, car is almost driving again. Definetly will make it out for some meets.

EfiniX

If you need a hand, EHMotorsports is in Beaverton and he's just about the best mechanic I've ever worked with. Great guy.

Here's the engine rebuild he did for me.

click

WaRrIoRs16

My 91 is running DD status and my brother is DDing my old 92 over in Yakima.

EHmotorsports

we will all have to find time to hang out and have a few beers when all cars are up and running at the same time haha.

Mdlimy

Evan should put on a gvr4 meet at his shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptorWagon

Quoting WaRrIoRs16:
My 91 is running DD status and my brother is DDing my old 92 over in Yakima.

I keep forgetting you live up here, Brian (platypus) is in bow too..wonder if he still has his.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

EfiniX

Quoting EHmotorsports:
we will all have to find time to hang out and have a few beers when all cars are up and running at the same time haha.

THIS

Meet this guy. Nicest dude and the best mechanic you'll ever know.

Vince

1212/2000 came back to life two weeks ago (Kitsap county WA)and boosting strong.
Still debugging idle issues and a growling transmission (Differential?). She goes to a tranny shop Friday for an inspection to see where I need to proceed and the costs.
Also just got quoted $200 to replace the worn drivers bolster, which I think I will do.

Sadly, no matter how much clay-bar and wax I use, the paint is nearly a lost cause (deep scratches and swirls) unless I hand it over to a professional restoration detailer. Costly at about $400, and that isn't addressing all the small dings and dents, so not at the top of my list. She may need to see a full re-spray, but again a decision for the future. I'd probably be embarrassed to show up at a meet with her as she looks today.

Just glad to have her running again, and giving me a project for my idle hands...

Vince

EHmotorsports

If I can show up with black front fenders and primered trunk. you can show up with your minor paint issues;) they are 20+ year old cars. its acceptable;)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts