The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

29/1000 build.

92_talon_awd

So I figure I've been here long enough I ought to start a thread for 29. I haven't done much since I bought it besides some lowering springs and struts, basic maintenance, and clean up work. It has always run a little warm, just a tiny bit, but enough to bug me. I finally bought an aluminum radiator off ebay for an EvoIII. $69 shipped to my front door from a U.S. seller. Put it in today so here it is.

All the mounts seem to be spaced properly

They even included a temp sensor bung

Bleed it out

And of course 29 will pay its good fortune forward by hooking its little bro up. GSX has been in DD status with a blown radiator for about 2 months due to an unfortunate power steering leak.

Happy Galants

The only downside is the upper brackets don't fit anymore. I'll have to break out the welder and figure something out. Besides that everything fit great and for $69 I can't complain.

Last edited:

thomcasey

I have always run into a warm running issue whenever I ran an aluminum rad. My DSM/CSM's have always been much happier with stockers.

92_talon_awd

My gauge always sat just a tiny bit past halfway which I found annoying. My buddy always said don't worry about it. After taking it out and doing some 2nd/3rd gear pulls I can say it never got past halfway and when cruising sat just a tiny bit below.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts