The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

125/2000 fixup

NateCrisman

IMG_1101-XL.jpg

Picked up 125/2000 from Long Island, NY on saturday. Nile black w/ sunroof. Chassis looks pretty spotless and rust free, but needs a full cosmetic re-do. Engine isn't together and it looks to be missing most of the "mods"...no turbo system, intercooler, fuel parts, piping. I had bought this one as a 50/50 on partout, but I think Im going to fix it up and go from there. Figured Id start a build thread for future reference.

Sucked right back in...ugh.

NateCrisman

I may not keep it, as this is "business inventory"...but I may have some fun with it in the process. Testing & Tuning

citymunky

Are those CE28's?

G

Staff member
Looks like a nice base.

NateCrisman

Quoting citymunky:
Are those CE28's?

Im pretty sure they are knock off's those are 10 spoke, the CE28N's that I had before that were real Volk were 8 spoke, but the details and shape of the spokes and edges around the center are very very close.

Im thinking of painting them bronze and wrapping the bottom of the car (chrome strips down) in a dark metallic grey, and trying to clean up the top half metal body paint with touchup paint.

citymunky

Yea, but remember the ones you were selling were 15". The one on this car looks to be at least 17".

What I'm getting at is the larger the wheel, all the 17" and bigger CE28's where 10 spoke.

NateCrisman

well, that will be the absolute first thing I check out then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

If a set of real volk wheels came on a car at this price, well, that would be the best car Iv bought for partout EVER. hhahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting NateCrisman:

Sucked right back in...ugh.

You seemed a somewhat willing and enthusiastic participant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gizmovr4

Once a dsm/mitsu guy always a dsm/mitsu guy !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts