The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aftermarket Seats

tektic

I'd like to get a new set of front seats. Anything is better than what I have, Brown cloth with wires coming through the cushion. They smell kind of bad too.

A recliner is a must lumbar is a plus. I would rather not buy used seats but don't want to spend much more that $550 for the pair. Plain black on black. No colored stitching.

I was looking at summit and Jegs and came up with a short list to consider. What else out there is worth looking at?

Scat 80-1200-51L - Procar Elite Lumbar Series 1200 Seats
942-elitelumbarspecs.jpg

942-80-1200-51L.jpg

most expensive looks a little big but probably most comfy. $384 each

Scat 80-1615-51 - Procar Sportsman Pro Recliner
942-80-1615-51_3.jpg

942-80-1615-51.jpg

seems about righ. $205 each

Summit Racing® Sport Seats SUM-G1159-2
sum-g1159-2_w_ml.jpg

Cheapest but it looks cool. Got mixed reviews. $165 each

CPA1013 Cipher Auto
CPA1013PBK.jpg

CPA1013PBK_8.jpg

Don't know anything about this company. Limited lifetime warranty $340 pair

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm partial to the Cipher Auto Racing Seats. They looks to be molded the best but id like to know more about them.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Don't know anything about Cipher, but I do know Scat has been selling seats a long time.

Just make sure on dimension that they will fit, mainly width-wise, without rubbing the console, etc.

ApexHunter

I'd go for the Scats. As Ice said, they've been in the game a long time. The other two are a bit too Chinese Rep-tastic for me. What about some OE Recaros? click

89Mirageman

A member had a mint set of leather GVR4 seats on here a while back. Why not just pick up some from a part out? I agree with the other guys on the scat seats but you're looking at $700 for the fronts alone. You're in evo territory at that price.

Last edited:

tektic

I'm really not interested in blue seats, nor the recaro / evo price tag. I've seen people asking as much as $1900 for the black ones.

These are the only seats in this price range?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif Do you want just one instead maybe? I have an old school Recaro taken from my sold A2 GTI. Not sure if I will ever use it.

badams

I have two stock galant front seats I'd sell you dirt cheap but you would have to pay to ship them. Let me know. They aren't mint but better than nothing.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Quoting iceman69510:
Corbeau

OP, check out the Corbeau GTS II and Sport. Sport are very reasonably priced. If you can swing the GT II, those are awesome. If you are looking for a good vendor, check out these guys. Free shipping if you get two seats and brackets...unfortunately the dear old 6G GVR4 is not on the bracket app list. Maybe try for Evo brackets?

92_talon_awd

^^This. I had Corbeau CR1's in my 2g, loved those seats. Look bad ass in black suede too. If it wouldn't take away from my stock vibe I'd slap some in my vr4

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
My Recaro is like the GTS II.

I have not really looked at seats in a few years, but I would certainly think about these if I were changing. Probably as nice as the Evo leather for less money.

Last edited:

tektic

How did we gat back to $800?

What do you think shipping to ny is for those stockers?

I'm sure this was asked a 100 times but refresh my memory. Why can't the stock brackets be used for aftermarket seats? I'm assuming its too integrated but I haven't somuch as looked at it.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
WE have no problem spending your money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tektic

Lol. I see this. I usually woud agree that seats are very important and that I shouldn't skimp here. It's just that I'm so over budget already with building this engine twice and all. I'm also nervous something else may still go wrong. I don't wan't to end up with a seat I don't like. Just like I don't want a beat up car with nice seats that doesn't work taking up space in my garage.

My seats are currently the part of the car I like the least thats why I'm considering swapping them out now. I'd still like to get a set of coilovers and really don't want to skimp on that.

89Mirageman

Can you weld or fabricate at all? If so just go grab two seats from a local junkyard that you like. Use yours old rails and fabricate up new mounting rails. I did this just a few weeks ago with my 94 summit coupe. I found some seats out of an 04 Lancer that looked brand new. One local yard has a sale on seats every Sunday $9.99 each. We walked out with both fronts and the rear for around $37 after all taxes and fees.

rheckert

I agree that if you are on a buget check the junk yards. There are good seats to be found for much less money that were made to last.

tektic

I need to find a better junk yard. Nothing leaves the yard near me for less than $20. I can't walk around. And most times if you want to buy say a grill, you have to purchase the whole front clip if the car is still intact.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned