The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g 3kgt vr4 brakes

G

Staff member
So i'm trying to figure out if these are the 2g or 1g I just got in. They are supposed to be 2g. If so, what do I need to make them work? Same adapter as the 1g?

bobdole

I am doing this right now. They look just like mine. Which are 1G. Brackets would be different between the 1g and 2g.

EHmotorsports

they look like the 1g 3000gt vr4 front calipers. that is exactly what you will want. the 2g mounting are close to 3/4" longer due to the 2g vr4 having bigger rotors. RTM sells the brackets for the calipers and you can use the cobra rotors for that kit.
1g
img.php

2g
img.php

Last edited:

G

Staff member
What brackets are you using? They look nice.

CutlassJim

RTM's like he said. You can bolt the 2G calipers to the same brackets made for a 1G but then you would need like 13.5" rotors for everything to match up. Your calipers look like 1G's though.

Last edited:

prove_it

That and the 2Gs need different brake lines IIRC.

fuel

I thought the 2G would have been accompanied by twin piston rear calipers too?

CutlassJim

Well the calipers in the first post look like 1G's so that's probably why.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts