The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Twin turbo Coyote VS stock motor DSM (vid)

blackvr4

Back at it in the Talon lol. Runs pretty good for a stock 4G63 SIMPLE Set up

3DFF861E-0423-4C09-9536-C4D0FDE0E033_zpsumagarvp.jpg

Vid
click

Any suspension Gurus can chime on why shits so bouncy? Super annoying

Last edited:

EMX5636

Definitely need to slow the rebound in the rear struts. Adjustable Alex?

Nice run though. Kill mode started early this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

blackvr4

They are megan EZ streets i think they are adjusted at about the center for the damping settings.

So i guess maybe drop them to half what its at? I just started messing with suspension feel like a v8 guy

prove_it

Quoting EMX5636:

Nice run though. Kill mode started early this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Question on this: So when properly set-up, do you want the rear to basically stay squatted during shifts then?

GSTwithPSI

I love seeing your kill vids. All of your cars just prove how you can take the basics and make the 4G63 platform extremely capable.

That Mustang looked super loose the whole run. How do you think the Talon would compare if he hooked?

marvinmadman

I don't see that Mustang being quicker than 10.0 on pump gas

blackvr4

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I love seeing your kill vids. All of your cars just prove how you can take the basics and make the 4G63 platform extremely capable.

That Mustang looked super loose the whole run. How do you think the Talon would compare if he hooked?

Thanks man! Yea these cars are very capable its all in the tune and making them efficiently get down the 1/4. I think that mustang the outcome would have been the same, no street around here is prepped more then the 60foot. He is definitly overpowering the street, i personally did not want to run him on that road but he kept insisting. I kept trying toget him to lock money in for another weekend so we could get the run off on a "better road" but he kept insisting on that road. My car doesnt 60foot for sh*t there.

Last edited:

curtis

^60's better than his pony....Here's 600 dollars I insist you take my damn money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

blackvr4

Quoting marvinmadman:
I don't see that Mustang being quicker than 10.0 on pump gas

Rumor has it the car wasnt even on pumpgas, heard it was on MS109 lol. Don't matter to me I told him come to win.

EMX5636

Quoting prove_it:
Quoting EMX5636:

Question on this: So when properly set-up, do you want the rear to basically stay squatted during shifts then?

Not necessarily stay squatted (because you'll be fighting rear toe/camber changes) from the launch, but you want to keep the speed slower, so you don't have the bounce or unloading of the tires/suspension. If you watch the fast guys, they transfer weight toward the rear (fast front rebound, slow rear so the car doesn't unsettle as the springs are trying to rapidly return to ride height). Not always possible (and pretty hard actually) with cheaper coilovers, because they adjust compression/rebound simultaneously, but you can get them pretty close. Of course, grain of salt here, this is just from what I've read/learned.

blackvr4

Hey Justin I just checked the damping settings on the struts they were set to 15 all the way around. Which appears to be the softest setting for the Megans.

I stiffened the fronts to 4 and rear to 11. Hopefully it works better now.

LIV4PSI

He has a faceplated gearbox in the Talon. Similar to what is in EMX's VR4.
If you can't tell, I'm jealous and want one haha

EMX5636

Yea unfortunately there will some trial and error involved. Go out and do some "test hits" (God I hate that term...) and report back. You know where to find me if you need a reply quicker than on here.

And since Craig is more on top of most cars than their owners are.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif, he's correct. Thanks buddy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blackvr4

Quoting LIV4PSI:
He has a faceplated gearbox in the Talon. Similar to what is in EMX's VR4.
If you can't tell, I'm jealous and want one haha

Yea I am running the faceplatted box, absolutely love it! Dropped 8 tenths and picked up 8mph just switching the trans same boost! EMX coached me threw the assembly process I am forever in his debt!

Quoting EMX5636:
Yea unfortunately there will some trial and error involved. Go out and do some "test hits" (God I hate that term...) and report back. You know where to find me if you need a reply quicker than on here.

I hate that term too, I actually hate making test passes I feel like it never really similates a real race situation because psychologically you drive completely different when the pressure is on compared to a solo pass, especially in a stick shift car. Im gonna try it out soon supposed to run a nasty 2 adder CTSV for some money soon see what happens! Thanks for the help again bud!

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I'm assuming you guys are talking about the Liberty trans gears? Are you using the face plated type, or the pro shift type?

I guess we could start another thread, but I'm really interested in the face plated gear sets. EMX, balckvr4, can you throw up some info and the parts list you used to build your boxes?

Last edited:

blackvr4

I used a stock 91 gear set sent the gears to liberty for faceplate mod waited a couple weeks then put it together. No fancy parts shim the bitch tight call it a day. Im building one for my friend now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned