The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

put emblems back on

vr4hotness

So I came up with nothing.

But car is getting painted and I want to re-put on my emblems but not sure what to use to hold them back on.

I clean the emblems and took off all the glue that was on there.

G

Staff member
3m double sided tape for automotive use.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
^^^ That's all I used when I was reattaching trim at the dealer.

Warm, grease/wax/silicone free panels and apply pressure evenly for a few seconds and it's stuck on.

Might want your paint to cure for a bit before sticking it on there. Some paints take quite a while to breathe.

http://www.shop3m.com/3m-super-strength-molding-tape-03614-1-2-in-x-15-ft.html

There may be different widths avail, I didn't check but that package is what I used.
New emblems come with a nearly identical foam tape on them, ready to peel back and stick.
Wouldn't surprise me if 3M supplies to the OEM's, because that's their business. Sell 300 packages to the consumer world, or sell 3 million sticker backs for manufacturers world wide.

Last edited:

prove_it

^^^^Huge thing to do. Wait at least a week in good weather. Let the new paint breathe and set up fully. Last thing you want is to put the emblem on "loose" paint and have it start coming off with the paint peeling behind it. Not highly likely, but painting is spendy, don't rush it.

3m tape or nothing. It's not super spendy and I've used other brands and they are junk compared to 3M double sided tape. Comes in various widths for different applications.

vr4hotness

Awesome thanks guys, ya I don't want super thick tape so its not sticking out or anything, I want it to sit flush on the trunk

prove_it

The 3M stuff can be had in various thickness as well. Head to a body supply store and they will know exactly what you need. Bring the emblems too for reference.

misterfixit

Here's where they go in stock locations.

Rich

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned