The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Picked up a GGSX

Wolfpuss

I couldn't get rid of my G, so I bought another one.

Picked this up last night from its original owner. 97k miles. Came with a books worth of receipts, factory wheels, new tires still in bags, FSM, factory radio, extra door trims, etc. The PO's daughter drove it through college and has since moved to Australia. They were reluctant at first to sell it, but I promised them that I would bring it back and show them once I am done working on it.

Surprisingly, its was only located 10 mins away from me. I didn't have to drive across the country this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Plans are to do some maintenance,clean it up and drive it through the winter and make it the DD and the VR4 to sit JSB for a bit.

tektic

E38a ftw! Is she auto or manual? Its a lot cleaner than mine. But mine lived in the Bronx before I adopted her.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Do want. I'll buy it if you want to sell that instead of the VR4.

jnava

Staff member
NICE......... Great score.

Wolfpuss

I did my best cleaning her up over the weekend. Fixed several cooling issues like a leak coolant hose and a bad radiator temp switch.

Dug into the rusty front rockers and they are hit, like they fell apart once I took a wire wheel through it. The frame and other things looks to be in good condition. Im thinking about rebuilding these, but will have to wait until the summer. For now, I just want to install front VR4 doglegs, coat the affected areas with POR15 and call it a day. Also, the car needs either the front bumper repaired or just install a VR4 unit. Not on top of the list since the maintenance needs to be done first (timing belt) and this being my winter beater/DD.

Other than that, the car runs pretty good.Its a comfier ride than my VR4, but crappier gas mileage which I dont get since its slower than molases in January. I also found that the PO was somewhat meticulous when he owned the car. He kept a log of every gas fillup from when he purchased the car in 1991 to 2010 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The service history way also quite extensive. Like he only purchased Yokohama Avid tires for the Rota wheels which I found quite weird. Biggest surprise was the ABS delete performed by the dealership back in the day.

It went downhill soon as his daughter took over (that why kids cant have nice things)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned