The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Progress on my car, #674 finally going back together with lots of new goodies!

JamesFoster

Well, after 5 months off the road my car is finally going back together. First off, some pictures of the new one off Sheepey Built top mount V-Band exhaust manifold tacked together. That will be finished tomorrow, and then we'll get going on a new 4" thick intercooler with 3" charge piping, among a few other things.

I also got some new 245/40/17 BFG Rival tires, and while I had the tires off I had my Evo MR BBS wheels powder coated metallic black. They look incredible in person, so happy with how they came out. The pictures don't really do them justice.

I also finally got around to cutting up the stock USDM GVR4 hood I have to install some JDM vents. I know it's not the same as a real JDM hood, but it'll do. Thank you Wookalar for the link to the measurements for factory placement. I had to make my own template, and extremely carefully cut the holes with a 4" cut off wheel. I got lucky and they came out absolutely perfect. I also cut out some of the under hood support so when the vents are installed it shouldn't look too bad underneath. I dropped the hood off at the paint shop yesterday, very excited to get it back.

Here's some progress pictures:
First off, I got bored and cut out the factory crossmember that the radiator mounts to. I'm welding 1/4" steel plate to the frame rails, then we're going to weld in a piece of 1.5"x1.5" .120 wall steel to replace it with, and mount the afco radiator and new intercooler to.

Wheels, absolutely love how they came out:

And here's some of me cutting up the hood:

And here's my manifold, tacked together:

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Do work son.

BENE38A

Beautiful fabrication. I regularly spectate and drool over pages of these turbo setups on evom, in the process of doing something similiar.
Be sure to take many photos

turbowop

f*** you for being able to do this on money made from riding a kids bike on some ramps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

89Mirageman

Can't wait to see her all together, looks awesome so far!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That is one pretty exhaust.

G

Staff member
Looks awesome, can't wait to see it run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Chad989of2000

So clean...so friggin' clean. Hood vents came out really great too.

prove_it

That manifold collector gave me a chubby. Very nice flow and welds.

And I think we all feel the same way Mark feels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Hey, how well will the oil drain clear your wastegate? Looks like it drains right on it from the angle of the pic.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Who did your wheels?

Wookalar

Quote:
Thank you Wookalar for the link to the measurements

No problem, Mr. Foster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We have the community and whoever OP of that thread is to really thank, for he did indeed conspire to perform such a task, and share it with his brethren through photographic and electronic documentation.

The updates are exciting news, that manifold demands attention. Rock on, my fellow speed freak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ghostinthevr4

Quoting turbowop:
f*** you for being able to do this on money made from riding a kids bike on some ramps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif He chased his dream and won. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Shits gonna rage that manifold looks like it was worth the wait huh Mr. Foster?

Can't rush perfection I know how you feel though us sagitauris folk have a need to go fast. Can't wait to see the finished pics considering I'll be in Texas next year, so I won't get to see it in person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

I know it's gonna be legit like the rest of your car, your car and Oldman Tau former car are the cleanest VR-4's that I seen in person.

EHmotorsports

Its looking great James! I can only hope to achieve making such a beautiful manifold like that.

EMX5636

Looks awesome James! Almost like a badder ass black version of my engine bay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Now get thing on the rollers!

tektic

very nice!

Would it have been possible to just cut the surface of the hood and leave the ribs intact? I have never held one of those vents I don't know exactly how it mounts.

JamesFoster

Quoting turbowop:

Hahah, trust me man, It took ten+ years of me making next to nothing and scraping by before I ever made enough money to actually have disposable income. I just got lucky and stuck with it long enough and finally got a few good breaks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts