The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Missing Parts, Need Help

VR4Scott

I am finally getting around to putting the car back together and I seem to be missing some parts to mount the front bumper. In the pictures you can see that there are some missing pieces from the bumper. I bought the angle pieces already from JNZ. What can you see is missing? Anybody have them or part numbers for them?
10390029_10154652566105624_6607738215661511684_n.jpg

10628487_10154652566210624_6506990298818937626_n.jpg

10614240_10154652566300624_8452430590402102381_n.jpg

AnotherNewb

Yep, front bumper support is missing. What headlights are those?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
JDM bumper?

If so, you don't use the crash beam. You need to remove those two brackets from the car where the studs stick out forward, then the piece you see on the left side inserts into the rail (you may need Curtis bumper brackets if you don't have the originals).

VR4Scott

Yes, JDM bumper. I'm trying to find what is missing from the cover. I see there is framework and a slide on the left side but nothing on the right. Anyone have the other side? Or part numbers?

Lancer99

Yea JDM bumpers just have a small piece on top just to hold the bumper cover. Unlike the usdm which have a crash beam that weighs about 50lbs I think. ^ and I don't have the part numbers for the side supports, it could be the same as a usdm. I would have to take a look at mine.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I am pretty sure the side supports, both horizontal and vertical, are different from US versions.

strokin4dr

Looks like you need a whole new bumper support. That one has been completely hacked up and half of it is missing.

Also, to install a jdm front on a usdm car, you have to remove the metal support caps from the front of the frame rails (the white things in your pic with the stud sticking out the front of them) and install a jdm bumper brackets or Curtis brackets if you can find them.

VR4Scott

I got a set of the curtis brackets. I am looking for the parts that are missing from the bumper cover. Where can I find a diagram of the jdm bumper cover so I can find what I'm missing?

cheekychimp

Quoting AnotherNewb:

Scott, you are avoiding the question ... spill the beans!

strokin4dr

Look like some Curtis specials.

VR4Scott

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting AnotherNewb:

Scott, you are avoiding the question ... spill the beans!

They are 93 headlights that the previous owner took apart and painted the inside black.

strokin4dr

Interesting. Are they actually usable since they can longer reflect the light?

VR4Scott

I'll let you know when I find out.

Wookalar

Quoting strokin4dr:
Interesting. Are they actually usable since they can longer reflect the light?

Nope. Been there done that with the "chrome" spray paint. You can see pics of the ones I did in G's album or by searching for the japaneseclassic car show in 2012, some people photoed the car. There are a few pics of it at Japanese nostalgic car and on canibeat.

I imagine the black housings would be worse than the silver ones I did. They will show light when you look at them but behind the wheel there will be hardly any light beam. There is a reason why those old housings NEED to be chrome.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned