The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Removing tree sap.

Wolfpuss

Hey all-

My car is covered in tree sap that's been caked on for years. So far, I've tried purple power, goo gone for auto and wd40 to no avail. Is there a trick to get this nastiness off?

Thanks,
Randy

coyotes

if googone didn't dissolve it you may have to take more drastic measures. is the stuff rock hard or can you push on it at all? try heating it up first with a blowdrier.

strokin4dr

Yep, I've used 91% isopropyl many times. Works great.

Wolfpuss

Thanks All! I will try rubbing alcohol and claybar this weekend. I will report back for updates.

Wookalar

If googone didnt remove it I doubt clay bar will. Solvent or sand paperis the best bey. Or you can hop over to autotopia and see what they use. Probably some type of solvent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts