The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1990 Galant

92_talon_awd

There is a 90 Galant in my local pullapart. I'm gonna go steal the block and crank tomorrow for my Laser. Anybody want anything off of it?

prove_it

Oil filter housing, underdash if the lightweight, manual seatbelts.

Go for that stuff.

92_talon_awd

I'm probably gonna snag the tail lights. I'll see if the seatbelts are manual. Grabbing the block so it'll come with the OFH. Was gonna bore out the bare 6-bolt I have now but decided to grab the one out of the Galant and put my turbo head on it.

The underdash is still there, not sure if anybody would be interested in it though, doesn't have a pocket. What do you mean lightweight?

Last edited:

GVR4kauai

Would the center vents or any other trim work for a 91? I am in need of a few pieces I could pay u to get if they are worth it. Let me know thx

prove_it

The lightweight ones have the pocket, so no, not worth a dime.

92_talon_awd

I'm not sure if the center vents would work. What pieces do you need? I'll compare when I get there.

maroonmetallic

If the car has the same gray/black interior as a VR4 almost all of the trim inside is interchangeable
(89-93 LHD cars).

In the US the 6th gen Galant had black/grey, tan/brown OR blue interior.

-Shawn

92_talon_awd

This car has the blue interior.

92_talon_awd

Let me know exactly what you want out of the car, if it matches the vr4 I'll pick it up for ya. I can ship it or bring it to the shootout, doesn't matter to me.

Don't think the NT block has the oil squirters but can be drilled and tapped for them as I recall someone saying.

Quoting 92_talon_awd:
There is a 90 Galant in my local pullapart. I'm gonna go steal the block and crank tomorrow for my Laser. Anybody want anything off of it?

92_talon_awd

Yeah, ended up not taking the block. For some reason I thought it would have a 2.4 in it instead of a sohc 4g63. Oh well, grabbed the center garnish cause it is in immaculate shape and I grabbed a bunch of random stuff for a member. Got a new radiator too so all things considered, not a bad score.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts