The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So, this just happened

alik

Nothing really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Just showing that even after playing with cars for, what, 7 years, I still end up doing stupid things. Thank God I kept the old lines!

ade

had a ss brake line pop on me at speed from rubbing on the tire, dude cut me off brakes gave out, scary ass hell. learned my lesson.

alik

The lesson is, when using SS lines, forget the stock mounting points and just zip tie the sucker as far away as possible from anything that it might rub on.
Lost mine on the local divided highway. Thank God remembered my track training and pumped the brakes. Still, couple of rather stain-inducing moments.

turbowop

The stock mounting points are engineered to keep the lines, rubber or stainless, from rubbing on anything. I think the lesson is to use good judgement and attention to detail when using aftermarket lines that need to use something other than the factory mounting points.

prove_it

That and when you put wider tires on, recheck all your lines and clearances.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have done multiple sets of stainless lines and never had a problem using stock mounting points. You do have to make sure you do not induce any twist in the lines when tightening as they are stiffer and will hold that position more than a rubber hose.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts