The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where can I find a pigtail to install Evo 9 OEM stereo?

cupajoe

Like the title states I want to install a stock Evo stereo and trying to figure out where I can get a pigtail or wiring harness to install it. Any advice from someone who has done this already would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Boostdtalon

If I remember correctly. Just buy a harness for a Galant and wire it in. I had an evo stereo for a while but can't remember having to change anything for it to work.

strokin4dr

I cut a pigtail off an 8th gen galant in the bone yard and then bought radio install harness for a 6 gen galant. Soldered them together to make plug-n-play adapter for my evo radio install. No cut wires, clean and is completely removable.
Here is the install adapter I bought, CLICK FOR EBAY

-Ryan

strokin4dr

dsmless

sh*t forget the radio, how did you get/source the hvac controls in the radio spot?

strokin4dr

Yeah, 8g galant and 3g eclipse both use them. You have to hack up the mounting tabs on the sides of the controls to get them to fit and knob for hot/cold works backwards. One day I'll pull it back out and see if I can get it the way I want it. Not holding my breath though, because I originally did this back around '07. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

cupajoe

Awesome, thanks guys. Thats easy enough, now that I know a galant harness would work for plug and play for the evo stereo.

Quoting coyotes:
Is it worth it to have one or is it just for the OEM style look?

I currently have an aftermarket stereo and it just has to many lights and isn't subtle. So I'm going to go to a clean and simple stock look with the evo stereo.

Last edited:

coyotes

I think we have the same stereo, and yes it is annoying. I don't even own any CDs anymore.

KiNgMaRtY

The non-SSL evo OEM stereo sound quality is nothing to brag about. Sound wise, you will be downgrading.

I really do like the look of the OEM Evo radio with the 3g Eclipse HVAC controls. Came out great!

cupajoe

Thanks for the input and compliments guys, appreciate it. Yeah I kind of figured that it would be a slight downgrade but is it awful even paired with a good set of speakers?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts