The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1991 Galant vs 2010 GT-R (video)

G

Staff member
I've raced a few in my merc, they are fast. Looks like he was not using launch control.

blackvr4

Yea man i honestly know nothing about them cars, i just know my 23year old shitbox you actually have to drive it and sh*t. Lol

BpuVR4

made my night, looking good!

cheekychimp

Using launch control would have been cheating in my opinion. Props to him for keeping it 'fair' and props to blackvr4 for taking him with another good launch. Whichever way you look at it the Skyline was never going to 'win' that. Even if he'd taken the Galant he'd still be Godzilla beating down a poor 23 year old shitbox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Or pay 20k to fix his trans.

dsmless

Hella race, its cool when guys driving cars worth 10 times our cars go out on a race and are cool about it, thats a true enthusiast. And if he would have beat you I doubt that he could have gone and bragged about beating a "galant"

GSX_TC

Badass! I'm sharing this!

blackvr4

I wish there was a finishline video, because up top i was putting a lot more lengths on the GT-R then you can see in the vid, launch control wouldnt have made much of a difference. At around the sixty foot i had a car on him (which if he used LC would have made it even) by the 1320 i was out on him 5ish cars

G

Staff member
Looks like he gave up when he turned his flashers on. I dare you to race one who knows how to launch it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif hey you know how to launch the gvr4, so why not. Quit beating up on newb gtr owners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blackvr4

A few months ago I tried racing one for a few bucks, that supposedly runs 10.80s I can post a screen shot of what he said it was funny as sh*t

blackvr4

94FD1FAC-3A82-4F62-8179-496E325A0E92_zpsx9vxdquh.jpg

Asking for space from a 23 year old grandmom car smh, must suck to suck.

EHmotorsports

the guy that takes his pictures at glamour shots. that's who;)

blackvr4

Quoting coyotes:
Who brings their GTR to Walmart.

It was at Cruisin weekend in OCMD, the walmart is were everyone meets after hours for late night activities that don't involve drinking and clubbing lol

The TT ctsv I ran, beat that GTR for 600 bucks a few weeks after. There is a vid if you guys want me to find it lol

coyotes

Do you have a full mod list of your car? Is the engine completely stock, or do you have ARPs, Cometic?

blackvr4

It's really not a complicated build.

Stock motor, with bc280s with Bc springs/retainers, stock composite HG, regular ARPs,

Bolt on 8blade hx35, e85, link, fmic. Really nothing fancy.

Just a consistent car that I have a lot of seat time in.

coyotes

Really tempted to put an HX35 on my engine, it would be a similar setup. Your car is pretty fast for how simple it is.

blackvr4

Best pass was an 11.7@120 at 30psi with a stock diff and 1.7 sixty. I am on a welded diff now and 35-36psi. I suspect it goes 11.30-11.40s now, 60' a lot better with the welded diff. It's a lot of car on tiny 195s but I can't bare myself to change wheels on it love the stockers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned