The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

174/1000 is jealous...

G0TB00ST

Well here's the dilemma. My girlfriend and I have a bunch of cars between us. The problem is that the city doesn't like anyone having "projects"!!! My 93 talon TSI AWD now has to go because of a neighbor complaining that the cars are sitting in my private driveway... Uninsured and unregistered. We only have 2 weeks to move my talon... And her 92 gsx that she is building. She decided that she will register and insure her gsx... Because it will be out very shortly... While I won't have the talon ready for months.

I can put the shell for sale. Hope someone reasonable picks it up and I'm happy... Or... 174/1000 has been eyeing the talons 5 lug... And 4 bolt rear. I am sure if I parted it out... Which is a worst case scenario.... I'd get to keep a bunch of things that I can reuse. Other than the 5 lug and rear end... I wouldn't mind it if I can use the suspension from the talon... And keep the talons trans and t case as a spare. I'm sure my girl wouldn't mind holding on to some of the body panels... Just in case we need it in the future. I can keep the wiring harness.. And dash and misc body parts so I can sell them and have a scrap yard pull the carcass away. I do have an extra set of evo 8 enkeis sitting around that my evo isn't using... So it may not be a bad thing.

Problem is... I have a heart... And seeing a pretty clean talon go to waste hurts me... But sometimes you can't save em all right?

What would you guys do?

TurboTurtle

I told Ariel to have you guys move up here to ny!

(Jeff, who sold you the gvr4 head)

Kibby

Idk how you laws work there but here in maryland I put historic tags and insurance on my gvr4. I pay 11$ a month for full coverage, no emissions, and if its stolen or wrecked I get a 4500$ check. I was going to go legit but the list of repairs to pass inspection was so long I needed to drive it to work out all the bugs anyway.

Kibby

Also I feel your pain. I let a 92 gsx go when I got my galant. I should have kept it but 5 cars in my driveway was taking up a bit too much space and I had removed most of what I needed

ktmrider

Quoting G0TB00ST:
What would you guys do?

You vote or donate to the Christie campain?!? Bet your neighbor did.....

transparentdsm

PM me. depending on where in north jersey you car i can have a nice spot where no one will say anything and it will be locked behind a fence. its my fathers shop. ill have him put it somewhere that it wont ever need to be moved until you want to move it. only down side he doesn't work on sunday, so if sunday is your wrench day that might not work, but i have another place you could probably store it with his airplanes.

Jesus_Negros

Go transparentdsm!

EHmotorsports

Why they pic this site I dot know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

G0TB00ST

Quoting transparentdsm:
PM me. depending on where in north jersey you car i can have a nice spot where no one will say anything and it will be locked behind a fence. its my fathers shop. ill have him put it somewhere that it wont ever need to be moved until you want to move it. only down side he doesn't work on sunday, so if sunday is your wrench day that might not work, but i have another place you could probably store it with his airplanes.

I honestly think i will part out the talon and use what i can for the other cars. unless... I get a ridiculous deal from our wonderful NJ insurance companies sto put the most basic coverage on it and keep it sitting for a few more months. I need to get this damn evo and supra finished.

G0TB00ST

Quoting TurboTurtle:
I told Ariel to have you guys move up here to ny!

(Jeff, who sold you the gvr4 head)

Hey homie. youre just too damn far up north. lol

mitsuturbo

Quoting transparentdsm:
Quoting G0TB00ST:
I need to get this damn evo and supra finished.

rich people problems.....

Probably used to be rich.
Buying an evo and a supra will take you from rich to poor in approximately 3.7 seconds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MellowVR4

I guess the question to ask would be, What year is the supra?

alansupra94

I had a 1991 Eagle Talon AWD TSi on the side of my house for almost 7 months. Its nice to have nice neighbors.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned