The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quite possibly a build thread..

15psi88

I will come back and update this later, when I get pictures and everything else organized. For now, I wanted to show my wheel and tire fitment I FINALLY fitted up tonight.
It's taken far too long for this, but I LOVE it!
I was forced to take a break from this car for a bit, but I've been working on it steadily now. I should have plenty of updates quickly..

strokin4dr

Kind of look like my Work Equips, but the angle of the lip where they are bolted together looks deferent.

G

Staff member
Looks good, I think that sidewall is too tall though. Will probably rub.

15psi88

They're old Stern wheels. They came on early Saleen Mustangs. The lips are redrilled HRE pieces. RUB? Yeah, I'll keep an eye out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

15psi88

These are in no particular order, but some of you may appreciate it. I like seeing what everyone else is up to, so I thought I'd contribute. Yes these pictures suck. Yes all I have is a cell phone camera.

T
The last time it was driven with all my close buddies

snailspool

Looks great! Some very enviable pieces on the car too. Good Luck!

15psi88

It's really hard for me to make a proper build thread. Once I get working I don't stop for much. Got some done over the weekend, including welding jackstands to dollies. Now I'm super JSB. Able to remove the subframes and still move the car around the shop:)

ApexHunter

Some neat stuff going on here, keep posting whatever snippets of this. Brake fluid reservoir in the cowl?

Last edited:

BpuVR4

what kind of intercooler would that be? whole thing looks amazing!

15psi88

The brake fluid reservoir is actually built into the bottom of the steel plate, and it mounts strictly by the stainless hardware seen around the perimeter. The top plate still needs the flush mount cap welded in, but it will be painless to fill it. Been fighting with myself to powder coat the fabricated pieces wrinkle black, or paint them white when I do the bay. Whatever I do, I'll wish I did the opposite.
The intercooler is a Treadstone piece. Can be found here
I'm hoping to have the radiator mounted and have the left side of the intercooler finally bolted to something.
If I can produce something half as cool as what I have planned out in my minds eye I'll be stoked. Stay tuned..

15psi88

As always, two steps forward 4 steps back.
Getting things sorted to mount the radiator.

Turns out I can't fit a -20 fitting between the hot pipe and the front cross member. Never was a big fan of running a silicone coupler off the turbo, but at the time it suited my needs. Something I knew was going to need updated in the future...Well the future is, now. I've now got a 2.5" cast elbow to weld on the compressor housing and will be using 2.5" tubing rather than 3".
I think with the tighter radius of the weld on elbow, and using a smaller diameter tubing I can sneak the big ass fitting past. Time will tell. Ran out of argon welding up my wheels over the weekend so progress stopped.
The wheels used to have a stainless 90* valve stem that came out through the face of the wheel. My OCD radar did not approve. So, now I have completely hidden valve stems. When I finally assemble the wheels I will orient a spoke to cover the valve stem.

In other news, I ordered a powdercoat setup, 50lbs of soda media for the blasting cabinet, and a bead roller. Hopefully I can keep some decent momentum and have this pig ready for the shootout.

Turbo99

Right on. What are the specs of the Sterns? (size and offset)

Last edited:

Turbo99

Did you build them to those specs?

I looked for Sterns or reverse mount sterns for a while and could never find a square set. They were always staggered.

15psi88

Yeah, I bought them staggered. Built them to spec. Honestly, the most frustrating task I've taken on this whole project. Safe to say, I'll be buried with them.

snailspool

Is that a powder coat, or a paint?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts