The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

8.5" wheel at +30 offset

Turbo99

I can find very little information about wheels with a relatively aggressive fitment for these cars.

Anybody ever run an 8.5" wheel with a 30 offset? I'm relatively confident it will poke a little up front but shouldn't be an issue if cambered some, right?

Reason I ask is because I found a set of old uncommon wheels that I think would look awesome on a VR4. Fortunately they're rebuildable (3 piece), but if I could rock them as is that would be a plus.

Any input/pictures would be greatly appreciated!

prove_it

GVR4.org library of info

At the top of every page is a library link. Here you can research gvr4's like crazy. This link is info relative to rim data.

KiNgMaRtY

Yes they will work. You can run up to a 17x9 +27 that will work without too much of a hassle

Turbo99

Not sure how I missed that page. Good news! I have always loved these wheels and hopefully can make this work!

EHmotorsports

I am interested in what said wheels look like.

89Patches

I run 17x8.5 +30mm RPF1's and the sits mostly flush with the fenders. I only have 1.5° of camber in the front, Only rub when cranking it on the track but a little more camber will fix that. Rear with 0° sits almost flush with the quarter panel and that's with a 255/40/17 tire.

To me it's the best width/offset combo for the VR4. Here are two pic's that show the fitment.

(On my old coilovers & higher ride height) Just to give you an idea

SSGdave

I might be wrong but I believe 18x8.5 +30 is the oem Evo X wheel.

I have Evo X MR BBS on my GVR4, no rubbing or fitmint issues on 245/40/18 Hankook V12's

The car is lowered on Espilar ASD springs / Evo9 MR Bilsteins. Its not an excessive drop. looks factory-ish

she was almost 1/2 an inch lower orgionally and would rub up front, so I went with the EvoX rear upper hat and rubber and a 1G DSM front hat. cleared up all rubbing issues and became speedbump and parking block friendly.

Last edited:

SSGdave

I love your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

prove_it

I still like staggered rims on our cars. Since the rear is narrower, it really helps the looks. Or at least spacers in the rear to step out the rear wheels

Turbo99

Quoting EHmotorsports:
I am interested in what said wheels look like.

Said wheels would be O.Z. Pegasus wheels.

9048666673_d286ff0a4c_c.jpg

SSGdave

Quoting Boostdtalon:
SSGDave, the Evo X wheels have the same offset as the earlier 8/9's. Which is a 38 offset.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif YEAH they do! LOL my bad

prove_it

Those will look bad ass.

Turbo99

Just a little update... Said wheels have been acquired. They are going to need some refinishing (I'm going to split them and make them brand new).

Things should come together in the near future and I'll update with fitment.

The wheels purchased ended up being 17x9 et35. My guess is I'll need a 5mm spacer in the rear to clear everything but we'll find out!

CZu66Bn.jpg

I don't have a wheel problem. I'm just saving them all for a rainy day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

89Patches

I don't think your going to need spacers. 17x9 +35 should sit flush with the fenders/quarters.

Post up some pic's when you get them on!!

fuel

Quoting 89Patches:
I don't think your going to need spacers. 17x9 +35 should sit flush with the fenders/quarters.

Post up some pic's when you get them on!!

Yes but you're likely to run into clearance issues with the rear trailing arms with that width/offset/rim diameter combo.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts