The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1862 vs ~ 500HP Auto CTS-V Coupe (vids)

blackvr4

Weather was a little nicer this weekend, went out with my friend trying to prove to him its better to build a cheap car then buy an expensive ass car and throw money at it. His car cost him almost 70K new and he has some LS mods, a tune and R888 drag radials, pretty nice car, but I prefer the galant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

First road we went to was way to crowded with hondas and sh*t I let off at the top of 3rd because a cop started heading down the road.

click

After some sh*t talking we decided to drive 20 minutes to a much better and quieter road.

2nd Race he spun I beat him

click

3rd Race was really close, I ended up pulling about 2 cars on him up top.

click

I probably wont be going back to the first road during the weekend way too many people.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Pointless arguement is pointless. Its neither better nor worse do build vs buy. Just preference.

Fast cars though.

Tre3zy

damn!!! whats done to the vr4?

blackvr4

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Pointless arguement is pointless. Its neither better nor worse do build vs buy. Just preference.

Fast cars though.

Lol your right its preference, but I believe in building a car because you know the ins and outs better know how it behaves and sh*t. Before the cadi he bought a 6266 fully built DSM despite me telling him buying a running DSM is a horrible idea.

This is how that went.

click

Quoting Tre3zy:
damn!!! whats done to the vr4?

Stock 6 bolt bottom end
stock port head
Valve springs
BC280s
E85
Link
FMIC
2G MAF
bolt on 54mm 8 blade HX35
SBR cast exhaust mani
ebay 38mm wastegate
blah blah blah
~32psi

9E4627DC-1220-48AE-AEFA-B804F9FFA194-7588-0000036CF3C2F94A_zpsfcd86674.jpg

EA5F4494-43D1-43B1-90DF-ADAA11700B03-7588-0000036CD4AA9792_zpsee5f0c0f.jpg

Last edited:

Gizmovr4

There is going to be an east coast shoutout - the date has been set for June 8th at Cecil county dragway - I would love to see another fast vr4 attend !!!

www.eastcoastshootout.com

blackvr4

Nelson, i already talked to Chris and told him im planning to enter the street class. Not sure how I will do, but I plan on attending, unless I blow this car up before then. Im planning to attended flashlight drags in PA and cruisin weekend in OCMD all of which are way before the east coast shootout, so ill keep my fingers crossed it doesnt have to come apart because the motor has a year of very hard use.

Gizmovr4

When and where is the flashlight event ? When we get closer to the oc event day please post up info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

Staff member
Poor radillac.

blackvr4

Quoting gizmovr4:
When and where is the flashlight event ? When we get closer to the oc event day please post up info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

They haven't released any dates for the flashlight drags, its about 5 hours away from me, its probably really far for you. I was just gonna go cause I love racing the galant lol.

The OCMD event info is here.

click

JNR

Throw some curves and braking in there and see where it shines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif While I probably could hang with a V2 in a straight line from a get-go, I would take one of those any day over my VR4, but it is cool to have a sleeper like ours.

Can't watch the videos right now, but congrats if you kept up and/or beat him, as they are no slouches!

although tell him he should've gotten the manual, haha...they are sort of hard to find though.

Last edited:

matt92vr4

Nice kill! Do you have any 1/4 mile times with your current setup?

blackvr4

Best shes gone was an 11.7@120 (at 28psi). I still have yet to go back to the track at 31psi to try to go faster! Really think 11.50s prolly will be the best it has in it tho.

Last edited:

blackvr4

Yea that one! Since racing me, he has done spray, E85, and a smaller pulley, also changed to a different tire. Did you see the big compilation video from NYD? My friend raced him in the KG Galant and lost on NYD. My galant and his galant sit almost the same.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

must be nice to have money like that.

get beat by a 91 japanese sedan, so im gonna go drop 2500$ to make my car faster then that.

rich people problems...

blackvr4

I dono if thats how much the mods cost him, but hes planning to get a 150 shot on the car, im waiting for him to do that before i race him again. Think its gonna spin bad.

EMX5636

Yeah, I saw the videos from NYD. I left shortly after the first place but it looks like you guys had some fun afterwards.

GSX_TC

Nice kill, car sounds great!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts