The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lower radiator hose

conradical

I got a new radiator and I'm also replacing the hoses. I've bought two lower hoses now, and both don't fit. It seems that I can't find the right part number. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif The first hose I got was from rock bottom and the second was from O'Reilly. The part number that I got was 21065 but that's not right anyone know the right part number? All the places I go to seem to have the wrong lower hose. Any help would great thanks guys.

turbohf

i didnt like either hose oreillys tried to give me. cant remember 100% which one i used but i do remember cutting an inch or so off the engine side and it fit ok.

conradical

I had to cut a couple inches off the top hose for it to fit too. But there is no way to get the bottom hose to fit. I'm just going to bring in the old one and see if I can match the shape.

prove_it

Ever think about buying from the dealer?

just saying......

transparentdsm

for me the dealer is over a hour drive, so i use what i can. i ordered mishimoto rad hoses for a 1g eclipse and had to cut like an inch or 2 it to make if fit.

prove_it

I can get parts for less than list, then turn and ship them to you guys if need be.

let me know.

conradical

I was able to just match the old one up to the wall-O-hoses at the auto parts store and found the one that will work. It just seemed odd that I got the wrong part at two different places.

transparentdsm

what was the hose off the wall from?? like when they scanned it for purchase what did it come up as? this way people can just get that one if there in a pinch.

DSSA

The OEM # is MB356967
While it is not unique to the VR-4, it is only for the DOHC motors. Good chance some of the listings at the parts stores have the SOHC listing (MB890928) as the more common one.

prove_it

^That's probably right.

I've looked before for aftermarket and nothing would fit nicely without cutting it up. I gave up and got OEM in the end.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts