The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hey guys my new gvr4 1833/2000

slowpoke

As some of you know by my recent part out thread of 548 due to huge rust issues. I bought 1833 as a rolling shell and took the motor and trans from 548 and brought it back to life.

Mods as of now:
Agx and hr springs
rota sub zero wheels (for sale)
3" turbo back
manual steering rack
4 bolt rear end
ss brake lines
ss 1 piece clutch line
walbro 255
poly mounts

future mods:
16g
1g fmic
afco radiator
link v3
fuel lab fpr
basically gonna make a 12 second summer daily till my talon is finished

GSX_TC

I see that you already have a FMIC on the VR4 but yet still say future mods are going to be a FMIC, does that mean you'll be selling the current one on the car?

slowpoke

No ill be using the one thats pictured. I have the stock ic on the car due to not having the proper tuning software and not having a tial bov that the piping is flanged for. Thats the fmic ill be using in the future.

GSX_TC

Ahh ok so that FMIC should if been up there where it said mods as of now then. Ok thanks. What Is that btw, an ETS or VRSF or JMFab garrrett core?

Last edited:

slowpoke

I plan on putting it on in the future thats why I said that. Sorry for the confusion. Its a slowboy racing 1g kit.

GSX_TC

Nice, do they still make those?

slowpoke

Not that im aware of. Havent looked in a long time.

slowpoke

Yes but I cant find any sources to ship overseas.

DynastyLCD

Looks good, Joe!

That slowboy fmic is no longer made. Got the same one on my 1g

slowpoke

Thanks Phil its going into storage with my talon this winter since I bought my moms Chevy tracker. Its rust free and its gonna stay that way

GSX_TC

Well if any one of you guys decide to sell the slowboy front mount, I'd like to be first in line for it please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

slowpoke

Haha ill keep that in mind

GSX_TC

Thanks man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

slowpoke

Its very clean. Its now parked in my garage for winter. Jon im glad to see the previous owner is on here.

Jon

Staff member
click

I bought it in 93 or 94. I started galantvr4.org too I think in 99. I sold the car in 2003 to Matt Wenger and he sold it in 2010.

The 4 bolt, manual rack from 1.8L Eclipse, H&R springs, KYB AGX struts, 93 headlights, 92 grill, ABS delete, chopped up front and rear bumpers, and manual seat belts were done by me.

slowpoke

Awesome matt sold it to my buddy eddie, who then sold it to another kid who ended up parting it out who then sold it to a guy in whitewater wi, then my cousin bought it I built a motor and trans for it. My cousin lost interest in it and then sold it to eddie again and it got parted out again and I bought it and got it running again. And its winterized in my garage. Little more history of the car haha. Everything you put on it is still there im not changing that. Just bolt ons and make a nice clean street car.

GSX_TC

Geez that poor car has been passed around a lot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned