The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR-4's that inspire you

BpuVR4

Wondering which VR4's you guys consider most prominent here, or I guess inspire you. Dragging my feet a bit on fixing things, esp with finances at this time of year...and with these cars, I get motivated by seeing some of the finished products. Obviously 1051 is the most well known one I'm sure. I also think Fuel's VR4 is probably spot on in terms of what I would like to do. I recall 3/1000 was pretty prime before when I had my 2nd one, but I don't see it around on here anymore, unless I'm mistaken.

here's how mine's been sitting the past week

Last edited:

turbowop

Back when I first bought my car, Harry and Nate's cars were inspiring. And locally, Andre's. Then Baz's car later on, amongst others. There have been several cars I looked to during the build of my car. It's cool to know that I can do the same for other people with mine.

LIV4PSI

1051 was the first VR4 I really liked. In fact, I still have this laying around

I really like both of Gizmo's VR4s. His "street" car is the kind of plans I have for 1501. James Foster's #674 is another car that is done very similar to what I want.

Last edited:

BpuVR4

I actually remember reading that issue at Barnes and nodding my head in approval haha.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
The very first one i ever saw. f***ing Ken's summit white gvr4. Ever since,Ed's has been the car I hope mine will be one day.

jogalant

My younger brother's '92 BG, 22/1000. This actually was his second one. I wish I had pictures of it. He sold it to someone in New Jersey a long time ago.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I've always liked Nelson's cars ( gizmovr4). Having 2 builds over 500hp with looks to match is pretty inspiring.
img.php

On the other side of the coin there's bobdole, who started with a pretty rough ride, and has it looking like factory now. His car is pretty inspiring as well.

Scroll through the members' showcase, or through any of the guys' build threads here and it's hard not to be inspired. Someone is always doing something cool, which is why really like this community.

Last edited:

James

I have a "top 10 galants" thread. I'll bump it if I can find it

BpuVR4

Quoting James:
I have a "top 10 galants" thread. I'll bump it if I can find it

thatd be awesome if you do

transparentdsm

for me it's justin(EMX5636 ) and mark(turbowop). there both solid, driven cars and thats what i wanted my car to be. im still building and making changes and one day i hope my car is as nice as there cars are.

BpuVR4

Quoting LIV4PSI:
He did James' top VR4s thread

funny thing is i used to follow that thread like a hawk haha. good stuff in there. Crankwalk's Panda VR$ withe the tri spoke Advans as been my wallpaper for a week now.

Last edited:

vr4play

I don't know where it ended up but the first time I seen old #3 in person I fell in love. I have always wished I had the time or money to build my car that way. I also like 1051 and wish I could see that one in person. The first Galant I fell in love with I don't know what happened to it but it was the first fast car I had been in and if I had never taken that ride I would have never bought one. I still have a picture of a white Galant from someone I believe used to work at RRE. Maybe one day I could have a really nice Galant but for know I would just like to make it reliable.

LIV4PSI

VR4play, while your car may not be "nice", it is definitely inspiring. It's very well put together, and it performs like it

bazeng

Back in the day it was the local cars that inspired me.

Adam in Sydney when he was running 11's.
Blurple in NZ when he was the fastest VR4 I heard of.

Then the raid of 10 second cars took over.
Adams AMS 10 second VR4 the name one.

There is also Harry's and WOP's when it comes to quality and styling.
No rice, simply class.

My current motivation are the guys running 9's. Nelson is one I keep in touch with although we have never met before.
Mike V keeps my love alive for the cars also seeing him on my Facebook with new photos hourly. Lol.

GSX_TC

Lol thanks Baz.

turbowop

Mike blocked me after I gave him sh*t for posting so many pics on Facebook, so I never see them anymore . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned