The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

365/ 1000 back in action

MRmeeTooxD

ughhh!!! I think I got it now,continued..

my good ol' brother "compi" mr chi_271 spreading his skill and knowledge for the best of "dsm-kind" lol

goodies from extreme psi!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

over here in this pic oil and gunk that was getting cook on piston had to get grinded off it looks like dried crap!!

After all my grinding an cleaning it came out great.

and here is the head that came from the shop !!

new timing belt an tensioners, "the works"!

After the rebuild I was driving happy, boosting felt awesome!!! This is my first DSM, as soon as I past 2000 miles after rebuild. Couldn't help but notice the valve cover had a small hairline crack !! So I had to get another one from you pick and pull junk yard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif And had oil catch can set up.

my vr4 emblem molding is in copper, since it was off before an paint was gone, had to improvise.

my steering wheel use to had cheap dried up leather with an annoying fade to it. So as you can see the steering wheel looks good. Interior by day day.

This is my interior by night.. l.e.d strips underneath the dash, along with l.e.d in the cluster.

I had to add a little lifestyle to my interior..

There it is 365/1000, this isn't the last of the gunk box. mods soon to come.. When the time is right of course..
preview of chi 271/1000..365 on left and 271 on the right!!

yelp!!!!!!

LIV4PSI

It's cool you got a JDM valve cover from a pick and pull.

P.S. Galant VR4s aren't DSMs. Nothing to do with Chrysler and they were imported /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

You plan on bringing this car to the shootout in Ohio next year?

Chi271

Brother from another mother! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif about time you make a better intro haha. And yes Mike, the plan is to have them both at the shootout next year.

MRmeeTooxD

LOL, thanks I just keep absorbing all new info everyday!! I was pretty surprised myself, I originally entered the pic and pull looking for small injector seals. I was swapping my injectors an not knowing I had been diagnosed with butter finger syndrome, I dropped the small seal... After miles and miles of all used and abused cars, I walked past a red eclipse an man this thing was mint!!! An bammm there's the valve cover... but a few days later I went back an the whole motor was gone..
And I do plan on having it ready for the 2014 shootout.. hopefully if everything goes according to plan. My vr4 will definitely be fast , but not the fastest... I wouldn't mind just running for numbers and seeing where it stands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif... I saw videos and pictures of this year an it looks awesome..

GSX_TC

Awesome, pm me your number so I can coordinate with you as the times get closer.

MRmeeTooxD

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gifWell, mr. gsx_tc, I would love to fork over my number. Unfortunately, my phone had its last draw an this time the screen is inactive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gifLuckily the shoot-out wont be anytime soon but, ill definitely pm my number so we all can arrange something!!! vr4 apocalypse!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GSX_TC

Pm sent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts