The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 1837/2000

Brett Adams' Galant VR-4

GSTwithPSI

Some of you guys might remember a while back when Anthony (oldman tau) originally put 1837/2000 up for sale, but then decided not to sell it. I told him if the day ever came and he changed his mind, to let me know. Well, last July, Anthony gave me a call. Shortly after, 1837/2000 was mine. After a long wait, I finally got it shipped cross country here to the East Coast. It's nice to have a VR4 in the garage again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WP_000156.jpg

WP_000157.jpg

Last edited:

slowpoke

Beautiful car! I just picked up 1833 last week only a few numbers away. Mine is also summit white!

GSX_TC

Holy sh*t you got a clean car, Anthony had all the JDM goodies on there that you just inherited. So jealous. =) let me be the first in line if you ever decide to sell this car or sell any parts off it please bett.

LIV4PSI

I have always loved this car. It is incredibly clean. It's nice knowing its still in very good hands. And those wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

It's even my favorite combination, Summit White and non-sunroof.

G

Staff member
Looks real clean. You planning on driving it year round?

GSTwithPSI

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I feel pretty lucky to have such a nice example. I wish I could take credit, but it all goes to Anthony, who truly did a great job on this car.

It will get driven for pleasure mostly, but since it arrived it has been hard to stay out from behind the wheel. It runs flawlessly, and I don't want to do anything to take away from that. The car does need some TLC, and I have already begun to do some mild upgrades. To start, the car needs a clutch. I'm going to replace the transmission and whatever other drivetrain components I find that need some love. The car grinds ever so slightly going into 3rd unless you really baby it. If any of you guys have a clutch, flywheel or good working transmission, let me know.

I installed ECMlink V3 last Friday, but other than that I've just been cleaning and assessing. So far so good!

Edit: Clutch seems to be ok.

Last edited:

dsmless

I have a really good clutchmasters you can have for price of shipping and a beer, pm me

transparentdsm

car looks awesome, im glad to see you get back into a VR4 so quickly or is this the reason you sold the other vr4 and eclipse?

GSTwithPSI

No, I would have loved to keep both 1813 and my GST. Selling them came down to logistics really. When I moved to Florida from California, I had to pay to get both 1813 and my GST shipped to Florida. Shipping 2 cars cross country wasn't cheap. On top of that, I purchased 1837 while I was still in Florida. So I had 3 cars in Florida with me, and then another in San Diego, for a grand total of 4 vehicles. To top it all off, I had another cross country move from Florida to Maryland looming ahead, and had to figure out what the hell to do with all of my cars. Paying to ship 3 vehicles was out of the question. End result, 1813 and the GST had to go, and shipping 1837 from California to be put on hold until I arrived in Maryland.

G

Staff member
Quoting G:
Looks real clean. You planning on driving it year round?

G

Staff member
I meant are you planning on driving it in the salt?

LIV4PSI

If you drive it during nice days in the winter, there would still be leftover salt on the roads. Smart ass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

turbowop

Although you and I don't really get along, I can't read through this thread without at least commenting on how nice of a car that is. I've always liked the way Anthony built that thing and took care of it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts