The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear under guard

bobdole

After seeing some pictures of a rear under guard. I decided to fab one up. Since my gas tank had some dents in it, before I restored it. Also since they are no longer available. So here are the pictures. It will be getting powder coated black. Just mounted to test fit. Uses 5 brackets to mount.

q8nn.jpg

m4v2.jpg

rwt3.jpg

hq7i.jpg

uvgf.jpg

Made out of 1/8 aluminium and weight is 10lbs. Used stainless hardware. I will post pictures when finished.

James

Yea id like to see it on the ground before and after paint picturesque curious as to how bistable
It is

prove_it

That's sexy. Nice work.

mitsuturbo

Looks cool, but seems like a virtually useless addition. How often do people go looking at your fuel tank from underneath? I could see this being a great application for a "show car" especially if you were to polish the whole thing to a mirror finish.

prove_it

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Looks cool, but seems like a virtually useless addition. How often do people go looking at your fuel tank from underneath? I could see this being a great application for a "show car" especially if you were to polish the whole thing to a mirror finish.

Technically, it would lower the undercar drag in that area..... Not to mention it's an old ralliart part for rally cars to protect the tank.

bobdole

The whole point was to protect the gas tank. Like I said my tank had damage to it when I bought the car. So I wanted to protect it from any other damage. I really like it. I do have some extra metal left over and might make a couple others. So if anyone is interested let me know.

GSX_TC

You do great work, I would love to see you make the other pieces for the underbody. And I would be interested in one like this you made here. how much would you charge make again then ship?

Last edited:

bobdole

Thanks guys. I have dropped off at the powder coat shop this morning. Should have tomorrow. I will fit it and post more pictures. I will get back with you guys on how much. Need to figure that out I guess.

citymunky

Is that T6 6061?

GSTwithPSI

I think the finish looks great! Did you consider welding the brackets to the guard itself, instead of bolting them? Just wondering if the plate will shift at all if it takes an decent impact, or if it's pretty sturdy bolted to the brackets. I think you did an awesome job though, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished powder coated product.

GSX_TC

You should mass produce that, I bet lots of GVR4 guys would buy one. I know I would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobdole

Quoting citymunky:
Is that T6 6061?

I will have to check that. Not sure.

bobdole

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I think the finish looks great! Did you consider welding the brackets to the guard itself, instead of bolting them? Just wondering if the plate will shift at all if it takes an decent impact, or if it's pretty sturdy bolted to the brackets. I think you did an awesome job though, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished powder coated product.

Thank you. I did use a special bolt that is locked into the guard. So it is very sturdy. 5 brackets hold in place.

bobdole

Quoting GSX_TC:
You should mass produce that, I bet lots of GVR4 guys would buy one. I know I would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can do that if there is interest.

GSX_TC

I am very interested as well. will you be doing this same treatment in other areas under the car as well? like this car has JDM GVR4

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts