The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Installed hood vents..

Steve885

I decided to leave them the origanl EVO 3 purple as a little tribute to the evo gods..came out pretty clean

Last edited:

turbowop

Looks good. Did it come out fairly clean on the underside? I wish the OE JDM hoods came with vents this size. They fit the car really well, IMO.

G

Staff member
Installed what hood vents?

Steve885

Thanks mark. It's not bad under side I fabed a bracket a little larger than
The vent, cut out the center and drilled holes to match the bolts. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.

Chi271

Doing this soon with Evo X vents I have here sitting around. Under hood shots will help a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

91_427

What hood vents are those? They look pretty clean! Post some underhood pics too!

prove_it

I'd like to see the underside. Is there deflectors that keep rain from running all over the engine? Looks great. I like the larger size versus the JDM VR4's.

G

Staff member
No he didn't mention they were evo3. He had to edit.

Steve885

My original post stated they were evo purple..i figured smart people who love mitsubishi would know where they were from..sorry I wasn't clear.. I'm surprised with how many people on Facebook and here can't identify the vents and keep asking where I got them. Anyway her is the underside..

Not pretty but it works..

PolskiVR4

If I did not already have a jdm cf hood I would be doing this to my car. Looks great!

transparentdsm

looks great, i would do this if i didnt have a jdm hood already.

did you get the block off plates as well? you know for when it rains so no water goes in the engine bay.

ktmrider

Quoting Steve885:
My original post stated they were evo purple..i figured smart people who love mitsubishi would know where they were from..sorry I wasn't clear.. I'm surprised with how many people on Facebook and here can't identify the vents and keep asking where I got them. Anyway her is the underside..

LOL smart people don't take pics from 10+ feet away then upload into a site that shrinks it down.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Look great, even the underside came out pretty good.

James

I wondered about that but didn't want to sound stupid. What do the plates look like to prevent that?

Steve885

Even though the site shrinks the pic if u click on them they revert back to original size from what I can tell or a least on my ipad....

turbowop

Quoting ktmrider:

Look great, even the underside came out pretty good.

This. Looks better than most and much better than I expected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LIV4PSI

I wish they were painted body color, but the install did come out vey clean. Nice job

prove_it

I like these way more than the GVR4 jdms. Looks really nice. The lines flow well with the hood too. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for said vents?

Steve885

I got lucky..the minute they showed up in the FS section I was on it..I payed 130.00 shipped from Australia

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts