The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just lowered my car with some evo7-8 pss9 take a look!!!!

Steve885

They ride great..I do need a alinement but what do u think ?? Too low

Sorrry I didn't take pics of the install..I did all the mods and welding myself..

transparentdsm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
nice. im excited to see this thing in person. i think our cars are gonna look nice next to one another.

cheekychimp

Quoting Steve001:
They ride great..I do need a alinement but what do u think ?? Too low

Sorrry I didn't take pics of the install..I did all the mods and welding myself..

Nope, ride height looks great as long as you aren't getting any rubbing with that wheel and tyre combo. When you say they ride great, what is comfort like compared to stock struts? I have to use coilovers on my daily because of issues created by the 3KGT hubs and mine are just too harsh for everyday driving.

I really want something much softer and I am prepared to sacrifice performance for comfort on that car!

Last edited:

Steve885

We'll I had 185,000 mile shocks that were just sloppy..these ride a little stiff but not back breaking ..they are basically evo mr shocks just made into coil overs.. I have them set on the softest dampen and they float nicely. I got a deal (900) on them from a guy that wrecked his evo..

cheekychimp

Quoting Steve001:
they are basically evo mr shocks just made into coil overs.. I have them set on the softest dampen and they float nicely.

Mmmmm. Just read up on these. They sound like they might be an option. Be interested to have a review when you've had a chance to spend a bit more time driving them on different road surfaces. What sort of price am I looking at if I can't find a friend who has just written off his Evo?

Steve885

I'll get back to u on ride quality. Looks like I'm driving to Tahoe this weekend ..should be a good test. I payed 1000 BNIB

Jesus_Negros

I've noticed that the front wheel pokes out further than the back. Is that a GVR4 thing or evo suspension? With my car I swapped to Evo MR suspension and thats when I noticed the front wheel poke.

strokin4dr

It's a vr4 thing. It is noticeable even with the stock wheels.

GSX_TC

Those are some good Lookin coil overs.

Steve885

They don't poke out at all !!!

I slotted the top hole of the lower bracket on the fronts so I could add a little camber. Keeping my stock top hat

Last edited by a moderator:

theevozero

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
I've noticed that the front wheel pokes out further than the back. Is that a GVR4 thing or evo suspension? With my car I swapped to Evo MR suspension and thats when I noticed the front wheel poke.

There is typically negative camber in the rear. Since it isn't adjustable from the factory in the front, I would imagine this is why.

fuel

that and the fact that the GVR4 from factory has more track in the front than it does in the rear. Just about every Mitsubishi passenger car is setup like this, and it's most evident in the Van (L300/Delica) from the late 80s/early 90s with over an inch difference is track front to rear!

EMX5636

Adding to what fuel said... it makes it worse by lowering it. The front control arms swing in an arc, so they are "longer" when parallel to the ground. The rear is a trailing arm setup, so it is less drastic. Just pull the front camber in, and if you want, run a small 8-10mm spacer in the rear. Mine are almost dead even with this setup.

Jesus_Negros

Looks nice Paul, do you have any pics from the front?

cheekychimp

The only others I think I have right now are from when I first did the swap.

What are you looking for? A shot straight on from the front?

Jesus_Negros

The last two pics gave me what I was looking for. So the 3kgt rear pushed the rear wheels out just a bit?

cheekychimp

Quite a bit to be honest. We think about 12mm. That is due mainly to the 3KGT hubs which incorporate a drum parking brake rather than utilizing the brake caliper. The wheels are probably the wrong offset given the added track made up by the 3KGT hubs. It would probably be better to have something like a 42 offset. Overall I think it looks okay but I would have preferred to have the 42 offset and run a wider tyre. This combo works with the tyres pictured but trying to run 235 or 245 tyres would probably cause a lot of rubbing issues. For a daily driver it's not a problem but if you were making more power I'd certainly advise against using stock EVO wheels and going to a better suited offset and more rubber.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned