The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

808/1000 *Plastidip + Fender Flares*

dc_style

Many of you on facebook have already seen it. I'm happy with the outcome, still have to do the handle and trim and it should hold up just fine until I can get a paint job. Will have better pics up at some point. Next up is retrofitting some headlights and projector fogs. Anyone have any JDM galant or evo vents?

Last edited:

dsmless

Looking good man, is that the matte black? In the pics I see a little hint of silver, maybe just me. How many gallons did you use? we just dipped my bro inlaws 89 turbo colt red, used 2 gallons, just trying to see how many I should buy to do the gay.

dc_style

i bought 3 gallons of gunmetal which is a very light silver in reality. I added blue into the tint, so it looks quite blue at certain angles. Then a gallon of black for all the other parts. Pretty sweet stuff if you're trying to find a cheap solution, u can get pretty wild with it too. Debated a bright blue at one point.

GSX_TC

Love those fender flares.

MellowVR4

Did you have to drill holes in the fender?? im assuming u did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

dc_style

yep, custom fitted datsun flares, drilled in.. my car is a midwestern car, body is far from perfect and rust here and there.

Street Surgeon

Are they for the 240Z or did you get something for a 510? Looks really good though, I've been trying to find a set that would work for me forever now!

jogalant

Nice dip job. Did you get the paint from DYC?

Regarding flares ebay has a quite a few for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

$T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fD)HvBS!mWfc+ug~~60_14.JPG

bmxr152

OOps didnt see my post was already covered

Last edited:

ade

nise insta paint insta buddies

cheekychimp

David,

You really are trying to tempt me to head through your patch of the woods on my trip. I need to see this car!

Paul.

Brunoboy

David, are these the ZG flares?

GSX_TC

Lookin better and better!

Drew84

Looking awesome. I dipped my winter car Mirage last fall. I did it with rattle cans. I need to buy it in a gallon this time and redo it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned