The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

changing my gtrz to a vr4

im new to trying this kind of things, so my question to all of you is. what do I need to do to start changing my 3.0 gtz gallant to a vr4 twin turbo? or do you all have a better idea to turn my car into a evo, wrx sti eating beast.

LIV4PSI

This forum is specifically for 6th gen GVR4

jcgalntvr4-244

Sell the galant ..... Buy an evo save yourself the hassle. Because if your asking us what to do then you have no idea what your asking. Not trying to be a dick so don't take that the wrong way but the vr4's were AWD and unless your pockets are deep your not going to be making yours AWD... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

curtis

Me and another guy on here once put a rear end in a ragtop 2G talon, they never made a turbo awd ragtop from the factory. We had a hard top donor car, lift and a plasma cutter at our disposal....shop owner did the trans, t case and we welded the floor up for the carrier bearing mounts, mounts into the rear frame, hung the subframe, did the brakes etc etc. If you had a donor car for all the rear mounts, carrier bearing mounts, a lift, a plasma cutter as well as a mig and a tig anything is possible but this kind of job isn't for the inexperienced. Don't know your experience level so not dogging you out but this kind of job can very easily kill a car because once you start in the rear your at the point of no return when you start cutting off things you no longer need to make room for stuff you do. And Don't think you can use a dremal and a 110 flux core welder from lowes for this type of build.

I wrenched on Apaches in the army then fixed wing stuff from stearmans to citation X's and Josh was and still is a Blackhawk guy and both of us started as kids modifying stuff so we were use to the scratch your head projects. Those two days in the shop we had over 100 years of gearhead experience floating around if not more at any given time, yea only took 2 days. The owner of the car a few months later went to work and parked the car in the parking lot at the hanger. I believe it was his commander that had a big ass truck. Well insurance company ended up with a 35r awd 2g ragtop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

As for the deep pockets comment wasn't that big of a deal with a donor car but getting the donor is the hard part on what your wanting to do. Maybe out of Canada or up from the Virgin Islands.

raptorWagon

Would be a hell of a lot of work to go AWD TT plus, the 8th gen GVR4s had the 2.5l 6A13TT motor not a 6g72 lol like found in the GTO.

JCorbo25

Easiest way?

Drive to Canada with your GTZ, buy a same year Galant VR4, swap VINs and manufacturing plates, leave GTZ in Canada and drive your new Galant VR4 home!

(please note, this is not legal)

GSX_TC

There's quite a few guys that have made that generation galant AWD and twin turbo on this site TheGalantCenter that's where's guys that have your generation of galant go.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned