The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Driving to the 2013 DSM Shootout in Ohio & The Tail of the Dragon in NC in VR4

GSX_TC

Well, its that time of the year again, Im gonna be driving the VR4 with the new setup and new built motor all the way to this years DSM/EVO Shootout in Norwalk, Ohio on August 16, 17, and 18th. Im gonna be leaving Houston early in the morning on Wednesday August 14th, heading to my Hotel The All American Inn 419-663-1922 located at 415 Milan Ave Norwalk, Ohio.

Approx drive time is 20 hours 13 mins and 1278 miles one way. should be Fun. in 2011 I drove over 5000 miles coming from California in the VR4. so this trip shouldnt be as hard.

As i travel across the country i'll be updating this thread.

Anyways, whoever is interested in tagging along is more then welcome. so far there's 4 DSM's interested in leaving from houston with me, and Inline Racing is trying to Finish their EVO in time for the event and will be going with me out there too.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Jordangvr4

I take my hat off to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Gombos

I'll be there late wednesday, Mike. My trip is a little shorter than yours though being only 200mi away haha. Shoot me a txt or something whenever you get into town.

MX4

I would love to do that roadtrip. You guys are so lucky with the nice roads up in the USA. They are so smooth and flow so nicely compared to the goat track state highways back here in New Zealand. One day we will be back up there for a solid roady around the states.

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, and i'll be sure to remember to shoot you a text mike. I cant wait for that drive, I love road trips!

Quoting rexwagon1909:
hope to see this car in person this year. Hopefully I will have mine there as well

I'm gonna have cones and signs saying reserved parking for Galant VR4's so come park With the rest us when you see us ok.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

I hope you can make it too, the more GVR4's the merrier, just be sure to find us and park with the other GVR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LIV4PSI

I was really disappointed all of us didn't get to park together last year. I hope you can get everyone rounded up Mike. What's the most VR4s pictured together?

LIV4PSI

We had 5 two years ago at the Shootout, which isn't very impressive considering you have three at your house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

transparentdsm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gifi know i have a bit of a problem and two of my three aren't in the above picture because they weren't there. 138 was still being built and 1078 wasn't in my possession.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Quoting LIV4PSI:
We had 5 two years ago at the Shootout, which isn't very impressive considering you have three at your house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

7 including the 2 that didn't park with us. One black and one green one.

Yeah if I was there last year I would of got us all to park together. This year I'll round us all up again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

transparentdsm

there was actually 8, i forgot about the maroon vr4 that was at the tents, he didnt come over to take pictures. i think its three speeds car or maybe someone that works there. hes a PA guy i know that much.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:

7 including the 2 that didn't park with us.

Yeah, I just meant in the picture. I think 10 of us in a group shot is a good goal. There was a great VR4 turnout last year, just no organization
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Trying to get my car ready for shootout, If not ill bring my ggsx

GSX_TC

Dont worry, If I have to I will physically walk over to every car and ask them to come park with us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

transparentdsm

there you go mike, if i wasnt moving to cali in 3 or so weeks i would head out there for it too, but that will be to much driving in to short of a period of time.

desant78

Quoting transparentdsm:
there was actually 8, i forgot about the maroon vr4 that was at the tents, he didnt come over to take pictures. i think its three speeds car or maybe someone that works there. hes a PA guy i know that much.

Its the JNZ tuning vr4. Also, we rolled four cars deep, amd it was a blast!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts