The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine bay/ Suspension paint job opinions

Vr4junkie

Ok im going to be painting the all my suspension parts and engine bay so NAPA is selling the paint and all reducer etc for about $100 but its a automotive chemical resistance type of paint so they only have black and gloss black. I want to do like a candy/metalic type of look they said I could add the dust or power to give it that look but they dont sell it any body here ever mess with this stuff or know of a good brand of metal flakes I could use?

If you guys have done this post some pics thanks.

rdomeck

It's pretty easy to get a quart of paint mixed up in your color code to do this correctly. Find any auto body supply business. Or find a body shop that will mix up some for you. Don't just go added sh*t together and hope that you come up with something that you think you will like. It will look different in the can than what it does on the car. Plus if you need more you are screwed.....

Can't find the time or money to do things right the first time? Were are you going to find the time or money to do things right the second time?

turbowop

Have regular auto paint mixed in your body color for the engine bay. Just paint suspension components black. Colored stuff looks dumb, IMO and once dirty looks even worse.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts