The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1078/2000 - My Wifes Auto VR-4

transparentdsm

the winter and the rain is about over and i have been hard at work, i got the TCU hooked and working properly, cut down the automatic shifter, added a suede shift boot, got an aftermarket auto shift knob, got the reverse lights hooked up and working, got all the blinkers and headlights working, cleaned the car out and up really good, added evo8 rear seats(so my dogs dont slide around like they do on the leather), painted the insert in the grill dark purple, finished tucking and hiding the rest of the wiring harness, cut the bumpers front opening for the intercooler, painted the intercooler dark purple and the end tanks black, put the exhaust that boost4u gave me on it, cross drilled and slotted rotors all the way around, apex-i turbo timer, autometer boost, oil pressure and air/fuel. im sure there are other things im forgetting, but its coming along nicely.

rgeier11

I can't believe your girlfriend would actually drive that.

slugsgomoo

Twist: it's actually his car, but he didn't want us to mock him for the purple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/riaat.gif

Jesus_Negros

My best friend intially swapped that car, glad to see its being taken care of. After he sold it I was sad, I wanted to buy it but wasnt in the position to. Keep it up!

matt92vr4

My wife took the Galant to the grocery store last night. She was delighted when I told her it now revs out to 8000. I love listening to hear rev it out and catch 2nd from the house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

slugsgomoo

Quoting rgeier11:

I don't think he can let his girlfriend drive his wife's car. That would be awkward. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

91_427

^^^^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Why not?

Last edited:

transparentdsm

Quoting rgeier11:

not my girlfriend.. wife and why not... she likes them just as much as i do and its not like its her daily. we have like 6 cars. my father is a used car dealer. its just a fun toy to have.

transparentdsm

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Twist: it's actually his car, but he didn't want us to mock him for the purple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/riaat.gif

haha i dont mind the purple at all. i think the car looks good.

transparentdsm

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Quoting rgeier11:

I don't think he can let his girlfriend drive his wife's car. That would be awkward. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

na its cool there friends.

Boost4U

Looks good I'm really happy you took care of it. I was worried about the guy that got it from me, seemed he wasn't the type to keep the car going. Not crazy about the purple but what the hell it's not my car... What did you do that let it rev to 8?

Chi271

Looking good! What are the specs on the white 2g I see there!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

transparentdsm

Quoting Boost4U:
Looks good I'm really happy you took care of it. I was worried about the guy that got it from me, seemed he wasn't the type to keep the car going. Not crazy about the purple but what the hell it's not my car... What did you do that let it rev to 8?

she likes the purple and so do i, its not too much and def doesnt take anything from the car. just a little accenting color. and im not really sure what you mean by rev to 8? i have evo 8 rears for it.

transparentdsm

Quoting Chi271:
Looking good! What are the specs on the white 2g I see there!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thank you very much, the 2g in the background is all stock with a recently found rot infestation, plans are to fix the rot real nice and do a few little things.

desant78

Quoting matt92vr4:
My wife took the Galant to the grocery store last night. She was delighted when I told her it now revs out to 8000. I love listening to hear rev it out and catch 2nd from the house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

^i think the "rev to 8" comment was in reference to this.

DynastyLCD

you should have the new turbo for the wife's car today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

transparentdsm

well well well, that means that i should also be getting my ISC today and that my VR4 should be up and running today and maybe getting the rest of the interior installed.... might try to come out thursday with the exhaust. if not ill come out on sunday.

kama1

Im liking the manual looking auto shifter,would have done that if the blue was still auto.
Looked good in my mind,never had the chance to do it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts