The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g tranny fit in a GVR4 trunk?

ktmrider

Heading to PHX later this month for work. When returning I'm bringing a 1g AWD tranny back for a local buddy.

Was gonna drive the OBXT however thought Driggsy might like to see 464 again. Anyone know if I can wedge a trans in the trunk?!?

curtis

Yes you can get 3 back there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

DynastyLCD

absolutely.

took one for a spare on an out of state trip in 73/1000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

5OF2k

Exactly what they all said. Recently had on in mine also with 2 12" sund in a box, tcase and 4bolt rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jake

ktmrider

Thanks all! Think I'll go GVR4 then.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuel

I even had a bare block in the back of mine!

James

I've fit 4 dead hookers. I don't know how that compares to transmissions but it should give you an idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

460GVR4

bought my vr4 with 2 trannys in the trunk... although i also found about 3 quarts of trans fluid on each side of qtr panel down in the hole... At least I know it won't rust there for a while huh!?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned