The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need advice from people who remember mofugas stuff

VR6Eater

So the question has come up, what's the difference between the gvr4 stock shifter, tel, and mofugas shifter. If memory serves me correctly, stock is tall, tel is shorter, mofugas is stock but the throw is short due to mods on the bottom. A cut gvr4 stock shifter is about the same as a TEL. Anyone that knows for sure, please speak your mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I don't remember.

turbohf

speak my mind? TEL shifter is junk. first thing i did to my Galant was remove it.

i dug around, all i found was a pic of the stock TEL shifter, and my modified shifter. but the whole bottom section has the same dimensions, having the same throw.

curtis

Thats pretty much the differences. I've modded a bunch of these over the years and built them with adjustable stops like the hurst etc in the Mustang Camaro etc. Cut the handle position where you want, then below the pivot point I cut and add steel and brace then on the next piece I cut below the handles pivot point and above the next pieces pivot point and add steel. After that weld on a piece of steel that wraps around the shifter handle and install two bolts with holes that are tapped and jam nuts on each side to keep everything in place. If i remember correctly he used other factory parts to get the same outcome. Believe it was a 3000gt second piece. But just easier to cut and weld on a piece of thick steel.

Here's a link of info

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts