The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Insurance for the GVR-4

So I have 4 other vehicles. Each serves a true purpose as well. I am able to afford my other 4 vehicles by keeping liability only on all of them (except my Forester XT which I am still making payments on so I am forced to have full coverage).

I sometimes think that I am making a mistake. One hit and run with the car parked and then it is all over. However, I figure if that happens and I file a claim my insurance goes up anyways. Most of me doesn't see the sense in paying more insurance every month just to watch the costs rise if I actually file a claim.

How do you all go about insuring your GVR4 and why?

Thanks

LIV4PSI

I just have comprehensive and uninsured motorists on all three of my cars, including the STi. It covers everything but my own stupidity. I only pay $100 a month for all three.

Do a fellow Subaru guy a favor, post up some pics of the Fozzy

Last edited:

Doesn't uninsured claims drive up your premiums should you ever file a claim?

I'll get some pics of the Fozzy up soon....although it is the ladies car. We are fire and ice...don't agree on anything. As you can see....opposites attract!

I won't even set foot in that red fozzy. I have gotten 2 tickets in the past year in that thing. No other tickets in 9 years otherwise!

LIV4PSI

I have only filed one comprehensive claim, but my policy didn't go up.

Kibby

MD historic tagged and historic insured. I believe they told me theft, totalled, burns to the ground, tree falls on it, someone hits it etc. I get ~$4800. Insurance only costs like 12 $ a month. Gotta drive less than 5k a year only weekends holidays special events and repairs. Thats fine atm because in current condition I dont think it would make it another 5k lol.

ktmrider

Liability and Uninsured Motorist only on the GVR4, pay about $160/yr. Other 3 get Comprehensive too.

Insurance company makes/breaks the difference on hikes IMO. Yes a Liability claim will make your rates go up however UM, windshield, and hail damage claims I've filed in the past have not seen any hikes. Total number of claims will also impact rates ( new windscreen every 4 months will eventually catch auditors eye ).

Galantvr41062

I say if you modify a vehicle to the extent that some do, its a risk you take driving, parking, and otherwise leaving your pride and joy to the will of the people.

I have a car worth 6 digits if you count in some labor time, I have put 3500 miles on the car in the last 2 years on just liability.

~John

JCorbo25

I have full coverage and pay a good amount for it. But I DD my Galant VR4 and put 10k+ miles per year on it.

BpuVR4

im a little slow on these things. for awhile i was with esurance because i loved the fact i didnt have to talk to anyone until im picking up another car and ready to activate a policy that i had already entered in the comp. for the vr4, i was paying 80/month just for liability...previously had a 88 fox mustang droptop i was paying 63/month for liability. finally decided to start looking around and tried Geico...found out for same policy i could get away with 33/month. Decided im serious about keeping the VR4, and chose to get full coverage for only 50/month. will i ever get my money's worth? im hoping i never have to find out, but i also dont have big bucks tucked away in my bank. if this car ever gets smashed i dont have money laying around to get it done.

a few years ago, i had to sell my MR2 cause on christmas eve, i came out to see someone backed into it and left a big dent above the rear wheel, a spot i couldn't get to myself. it started to rust, and i was getting estimates way too large for me to deal with, so I had to sell her. was pretty bitter about it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts