The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

390/2000 Shenanigans

Well, instead of making a bunch of single threads with stuff I do, I just figured I'd compile them all here into a "build thread". I am usually doing something random to my cars.

Anyways, I have had this car for 2 weeks now, but so far on all of my off days it has rained /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif And it's already dark when I get home from work, so I really haven't had too much time to work on it. None the less I did recently acquire a bunch of spare parts to replace broken/worn/damaged pieces on my car. All of the parts I bought were from a fairly low milage 92 gvr4 that had sat/been in a shop for about 12-14 years. So thats a lot of wear and tear that the parts didn't see, and as a result were in pretty spectacular shape. Here is everything I got for a total of $350

92 wheels with almost "new" tread VERY slight rash on the very edge of ONE wheel and mint paint on all of them /$100
92 Style Grill /FREE
92 Tails /FREE with trunk
Trunk with great paint and spoiler (no fade like mine)/$40
Hood with great paint (no fade like mine)/$25
Complete front and rear seats (no tears like mine!)/$50
Really clean headlights (My drivers side had a rock chip)/$10
Mint foglights (one of mine was busted!)/$20
Mint rearview mirror (the border around mine was cracked and flaked off)/Free with dome light
Mint dome light cover (mine had burned to an orange color)/$10
Front bumper already cut for a big FMIC /FREE
Front filler panel /FREE
Mint dash with 43/1000 badge /$40
Mint center console lid *box deal
OEM radio (mine didn't work) *box deal
OEM radio bezel *box deal
OEM 14b turbo/manifold and aftermarket 2.5" o2 housing (I suspect mine is shot, havent checked yet) /$40
Mint Cowl panel (mine is solid rust)/$10
Set of turn signals *box deal
Set of wipers *box deal
Mint glove box *box deal
Spare Visors *box deal
Spare lower dash panel under steering wheel *box deal
3 of 4 window motors/regulators *box deal
Container box? *box deal (not sure where this goes and forgot to get a picture) The lid opens up sideways but it looks like it also tilts backwards to open up from somwhere else?

*BOX DEAL- right there at the end he threw a bunch of stuff in a box and said I gotta have $5 for that box right there, lol. I said OK! haha

I "cleaned" up a couple of these things real quick to check the condition, but a couple were left under 10 years worth of dust, haha. I actually kind of think that the amount of dust kept these parts nice lol. Also note, that the upper part of the rear seat isn't pictured, but I got it as well when I purchased the car originally.

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

Here is what my car looked like when I first bought it.

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg
IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

So as you can see, a lot of worn and broken things both on the inside and the outside. Thankfully I now have everything I need to make mine nice, just a matter of swapping things over. This is also a trip I made to a local pullapart right before the guy with the 92 gvr4 called and I got all his parts. It didn't matter though as I was able to get some nice things from the pullapart too such as the A-B pillar plastics, the parts needed to rebuild my center console, a shift knob, some manual mirrors, the pocket that replaces the mirror switch/coin slots, a 1.8 non cruise throttle cable, a blower motor, chrome door handles, and some other spare parts.

IMG_3661.jpg

So with all my new parts it was time to start putting them on! First I took care of some much needed molding work on my car! These things were solid white as you can see in the above pictures. Plastidip took great care of it though. Unfortunately I haven't got to do the drivers side yet due to the weather.

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

Then I had figured my blower motor was shot because anytime you turned it above 2 it got really loud and sounded like it was about to come out of the dash. Good thing I pulled one at pullapart! I could have cleaned out this one, but still, nasty!

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

That took care of that problem, now its quite and actually blows air really good now, haha. Next up was rebuilding my center console that not only didn't latch right, but opened too far cause the stops were broken. Didn't take pictures on how to do it, but here are all the parts. Once you take all the screws out to remove the cover, its pretty self explanatory.

IMG_3662.jpg

Old and new review mirror (no chipped edge!)

IMG_3684.jpg

Old and new dome light lens

IMG_3685.jpg

Old and new drivers side seat

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

Old and new passenger side seat

IMG_3696.jpg

Old and new top half of rear seat

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

Old and new tail lights

IMG_3694.jpg

My collection of grills lol (top- 91 gvr4, middle- 91 galant, bottom- 92 gvr4)

IMG_3698.jpg

I will get more pictures Tuesday if, heaven forbid its not raining AGAIN, of: the new trunk, tail lights, grill, headlights, seats, and hopefully the hood installed. In the meantime when I was washing the car for the first time yesterday after getting the new trunk and tail lights installed I noticed that the piece that says vr4 in the 92 style tail lights was getting water behind it. So I went ahead and peeled it all the way off so I could put some new double sided tape on it. While I was at it I decided to spice it up a little bit to make it stand out a litte more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IMG_3700.jpg

citymunky

WOW the last owners should be shot.

Correction, owner (i.e. singular) haha. I got it as a one owner car. Not from the owner directly but he had a friend put it up for sale on his car lot and I got it there. Yep, she had a rough first 193k miles lol

GSX_TC

She's gettin there, keep up the good work.

Still haven't got pics with the new stuff on yet cause my god the weather has SUCKED! But come Sunday I should have some nice picture updates for you guys. I did however order some stuff for the car yesterday. Got a FMIC kit, a 1g 3" downpipe, slim fan, and battery relocation kit. Oh, and a prosport boost gauge. Can't wait to get all that stuff installed. Gonna order the parts to build a custom exhaust soon too. Should help clean up the engine bay a lot too. Already got started by removing the cruise control and washer bottle/motor assembly. Gonna do a custom intake while I'm at it to, so removed that and found this! Dear god man, I'm surprised the turbo could breathe at all!

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

Good thing I still had this puppy laying around from 6 years ago when I had my 92 Talon TSI. Only has probably 2000 miles on it!

IMG_3732.jpg

Cleaned up the engine bay and removed a few pounds. Not bad

IMG_3730.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned