The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not a bad way to spend $350

Well after buying my 91 a couple of weeks ago, I had a guy call me out of the blue that knew the guy I bought it from really well. Turns out he has 43/1000 that he was parting out. He has had the car for 8-10 years and it sat in the shop the whole time and before that it sat for 3-4 years at another spot. He was a super cool dude and gave me some smoking deals on these parts to really help me out in getting my car looking nicer and replacing all the broke/damaged components. Very stoked and I got most of them installed today. Here's everything I can remember off the top of my head.

92 wheels with almost "new" tread VERY slight rash on the very edge of ONE wheel and mint paint on all of them /$100
92 Style Grill /FREE
92 Tails /FREE with trunk
Trunk with great paint and spoiler (no fade like mine)/$40
Hood with great paint (no fade like mine)/$25
Complete front and rear seats (no tears like mine!)/$50
Really clean headlights (My drivers side had a rock chip)/$10
Mint foglights (one of mine was busted!)/$20
Mint rearview mirror (the border around mine was cracked and flaked off)/Free with dome light
Mint dome light cover (mine had burned to an orange color)/$10
Front bumper already cut for a big FMIC /FREE
Front filler panel /FREE
Mint dash with 43/1000 badge /$40
Mint center console lid *box deal
OEM radio (mine didn't work) *box deal
OEM radio bezel *box deal
OEM 14b turbo/manifold and aftermarket 2.5" o2 housing (I suspect mine is shot, havent checked yet) /$40
Mint Cowl panel (mine is solid rust)/$10
Set of turn signals *box deal
Set of wipers *box deal
Mint glove box *box deal
Spare Visors *box deal
Spare lower dash panel under steering wheel *box deal
3 of 4 window motors/regulators *box deal
Container box? *box deal (not sure where this goes and forgot to get a picture) The lid opens up sideways but it looks like it also tilts backwards to open up from somwhere else?

*BOX DEAL- right there at the end he threw a bunch of stuff in a box and said I gotta have $5 for that box right there, lol. I said OK! haha

I "cleaned" up a couple of these things real quick to check the condition, but a couple were left under 10 years worth of dust, haha. I actually kind of think that the amount of dust kept these parts nice lol. Also note, that the upper part of the rear seat isn't pictured, but I got it as well when I purchased the car originally.

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondasi88

Good ass deal you got there sir! What does the donor car look like now? your vr4 should have 2 numbers with all those parts.

You got yourself an awesome deal right there! My vr4 is almost road ready too, I'm still waiting on my fuel pump to come in the mail. Oh and That guy helping you out like that was real cool, I'm glad it worked out for you.

I went back and edited the original post to add prices because surprisingly I remember what I paid for everything! Didn't think I would which is why I didn't originally put the prices haha

Anyways, the guy was SUPER cool, had a couple of nice projects too. Originally speaking to him on the phone and finding out how good of shape all the parts were, I asked him if I could just buy the whole car. But literally the doors are the only thing still on the shell, and the front subframe. ANYTHING else, and I mean ANYTHING that could be removed from the car was/is. Also the spare tire area had been cut out for a fuel cell setup. He already had all the parts that I bought pulled off the car and just sitting around. He originally was gonna make it a crazy light drag/street car. But it was a 10 year long ordeal and I guess when he heard I bought my 91 from his friend he seen it as a good opportunity to get rid of a lot of parts that were taking up valuable space in his garage.

So had I gotten the car I would have no way to move it since it had no suspension whatsoever, or wheels and it would have been a long road putting it all back together. So I just decided to make my car nice with all that ones parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had I had a bigger/more room in the truck I took (it was a 3 hour drive one way btw) I could have actually gotten a few more things, haha. But I think I got everything I wanted and more! He made all of the prices by the way. I hate making offers, so I am glad he did. He didn't have one unreasonable price either, so I didn't even have to haggle, haha

mcbride89

Holy awesome deal!! Do you want to sell that drivers side seat by chance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck!

Lots of mint parts

Thanks guys! Not wanting to part with any of it! haha. Already got most of it installed (except the hood cause I need help) and its made a huge difference! Also cleaned and conditioned a couple of the seats today while the weather was nice and holy cow what a difference it made! I should probably just start a build thread and keep everything together in there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned