The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Automatic transmission trouble .

Vr4junkie

Ok I bought a 96 Nissan Altima as a fixer upper rebuilt the engine new pistons rings bearing ect....
but my problem is this every time i go into any gear reverse or drive the car stalls out I have to perrty much catch it. Meaning one foot on the break and the other giving it a little bit of gas so it doesn’t turn off goes through the gear good also has a rough idle only when in gear. What do you guys think it could be? its been pissing me off since I cant find the problem.

3rdstrikedsm

Unplug the wre harness that goes to the trans which will throw the trans in to limp mode and will only leave 2nd gear and reverse then try driving it and report back.

Vr4junkie

Alriight ill give that a try tomorrow when you mean unplug the wire harness do you mean all the plugs like speed,rpm sensors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Vr4junkie

alright so i unplugged the harness turned it on also had my buddy throw his scanner on it I dont know what he did but it made it better so its not stalling out any more.

Heres my other problem

1st gear is long like when I come to a stop it’ll rev to 3500-4000 rpm before it shift just 1st all the other gears it does them right usually shifting around 2500rpm. I usually have to let go of the gas so it could shift then get back on it and the rest shift fine. what do you guys think it could be?

3rdstrikedsm

How did it act when it was unplugged?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts