The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

w00t! Just bought 485/1000

This is my 6th GVR4 and glad to be back. Got a good deal from the previous owner. Look forward to contributing to this forum again!

5OF2k

awesome! Welcome back!

Looks like a fairly clean grab too, what's done to it?

-Jake

Its currently non-opd as the previous owner slipped timing belt, so he bought a JDM engine, pulled the head and did a fresh valve job w/ manly springs and Crower 272's. He studded the head w/ a cometic gasket. Also installed a exedy "stage 2" clutch and lightened flywheel. Manual boost controller, 3" turbo back exhaust, new aluminum radiator, EBC Slotted rotors and Pads.

Came with a ton of aftermarket parts not yet installed too. ECMLINK V2, Coil-on-plug setup, 2g mas, extra gaskets, HKS EVC Boost Controller.

Also has all the stock parts and all of the A/C equipment is still there which is great considering I am in a high temp area.

Overall the body is straight, front seats are coming apart a little bit at the seams, needs new tires, and a smog (thank god I have a smog guy here in CA)

Came with original KeyFob too! Out of the half dozen GVR4's i have owned, not 1 came with the keyfob.

James

Nice find!

What's up with the pea shooter tail pipe?

Its pretty ugly.... It has a bolt on 3" downpipe, but then a choppy muffler shop magnaflow "glasspacks" to the flange. I will be ditching the cat back nastyness with a mandrel bent 3" with a Apex N1 Muffler....

jnava

Staff member
Congrats, and good luck. BTW 6th galant, what made you get rid of the other five?

I used to buy and sell DSMs quite a bit back when I was younger and stumbled on several GVR4s. Never had one with the intent of keeping it. Now I want something to play with and to appease my wife, it has to be able to fit a car seat. This is why I chose to get another GVR4.

matt92vr4

Ah yes, two car seats in the back of mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Perfect car for dads!

James

Baby is the reason I got my galant!

So I just got the car smogged/registered til 2014 so I am legal to drive it. Also installed a lot of the random parts the previous owner included like:

-hood struts
-2g mas
-manual boost controller

Also got a killer deal on a set of wheels/tires on craigslist, need one size up in tires when its time or....lower the car an inch'ish.

5OF2k

Yeeaaa definitely needs some beefier tires. Check your local craigslist or Ebay for the tires. I've been looking to get a new set for my wheels too, and those seem to be the best places to find good proces and availability. Most ship for free on Ebay too, FWIW. Comes in handy, especially if you know the model/size/brand you want to get already.

NickDromez

Quoting NickDub:
So I just got the car smogged/registered til 2014 so I am legal to drive it. Also installed a lot of the random parts the previous owner included like:

-hood struts
-2g mas
-manual boost controller

Also got a killer deal on a set of wheels/tires on craigslist, need one size up in tires when its time or....lower the car an inch'ish.

of all people to sell my car to. im glad i sold it to you. take care of her please.

G

Staff member
Looks nice, I have a set of those exact same enkei wheels. Need to post them fs.

GSX_TC

I love how previous owners like to keep up with these cars after having sold them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Seller's remorse...

GSX_TC

To the owner, let's try not to sell this one to like you have with your 5 others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lol

I made some decent money back in the day. Picked up those other GVR4's for less then $1000. 2 were broken timing belts (swapped motors from a wrecked 1g) and 2 were dead ECU's (new ecu, turned a $500.00 investment into a $4200.00 ebay auction)

485/1000 will be around for a while.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned