The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wideband bung location?

citymunky

I have a 3" 1g AWD downpipe and I was wondering were most of you weld on your wideband A/F sensor bung, I can't find a good spot. Before I was running my WB sensor in the stock location, but this makes for a pain in the ass process if the sensor needs to be changed.

TurboDSM

I have mine in the front part of my test pipe that's in place of the cat.

citymunky

I never seen a stock GVR4 exhaust, so I have no clue where the stock cat would be located.

Hondasi88

post some pics...i'll be getting a wideband setup for christmas so i need to know this also.

jnava

Staff member
This isn't the greatest example...but it worked.
IMG_20121101_171206.jpg

5OF2k

I have mine located on my downpipe on the back side of the motor, between the block and the subframe, mounted vertically. I've also dont that in the past on my Talkn and a few customer cars as well. Granted, its not the easiest to get to, but it works, and is out of the way of everything and i dont have to worry about it having condensation buildup on cold start(which can affect the reading it sends the ECU if you have a standalone, or you guage reading/controller input if not). Id snap a pic, but thats all the way outside, and my beer would be angry with me for leaving it behind.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I remember a very smart member here, posting that painting (with high temp 500+F paint) the exhaust section in question (and letting it dry), and then driving the car until it burns off the paint up to a point. That point is where you want your sensor. Anecdotal in the worst kind of way, but you get the idea. There are lots of reasons to put a sensor in a particular place, so I'll let someone else nail this one with more detail on why it should be in a particular position, whether it should cause worry there or not in terms of longevity.

JCorbo25

Just after the flex section pointing straight up. Looked like it would work well, I just have a cap in it right now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned