The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#431: Photoshoot

NateCrisman

Some pics of #431/1000 after the changes made this spring (the 9.3@146 was done on a smaller T3 flanged normal bottom mount GT37R turbo).

P5311691-L.jpg

P5311514-L.jpg

P5311515-L.jpg

P5311526-L.jpg

P5311552-L.jpg

P5311561-L.jpg

P5311693-L.jpg

P5311695-L.jpg

P5311699-L.jpg

P5311701-L.jpg

P5311702-L.jpg

P5311704-L.jpg

P5311675-L.jpg

P5311673-L.jpg

P5311659-L.jpg

P5311662-L.jpg

P5311683-L.jpg

P5311687-L.jpg

P5311689-M.jpg

P5311646-L.jpg

P5311626-L.jpg

P5311616-L.jpg

P5311611-L.jpg

P5311574-L.jpg

P5311577-L.jpg

P5311579-L.jpg

P5311582-L.jpg

P5311585-L.jpg

P5311587-L.jpg

P5311592-L.jpg

P5311595-L.jpg

P5311596-L.jpg

P5311599-L.jpg

P5311609-L.jpg

P5311622-L.jpg

P5311629-L.jpg

P5311639-L.jpg

P5311643-L.jpg

All shot with an olympus micro 4/3rds mirror less body (EPL2) and the kit zoom or adapted nikon DSLR lenses. Was a fun day shooting.

Last edited:

turbofonz

Simply amazing.

EMX5636

SO clean and well put together Nate. Congrats on the times so far, and good luck with the new setup! Any hopes/dreams for this setup? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

NateCrisman

Just to be clear: This is GizmoVR4's car, not mine. I just took the pictures and help him with setup/tuning. Basically Im the crew chief. Nelson did all the building/buying/fabbing/assembling/driving.

EMX5636

I know, I was just commenting on the car, and the photographs! I just know you're pretty heavily involved, so figured I'd ask.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Drag is not necessarily my game, but I do always appreciate a nicely done race car.

Nice car, and nice photos! Good work both.

Gizmovr4

My partner in crime Nate has outdone himself yet again with these pictures!! thank you- car wouldnt be where it is without you!!

As for the car - and this year thus far. The earlier part of the year was used to fabricate the cage to meet certification to allow us to run faster than 10.00 at the track. Car passed certification in March. Since March we have been working on safety requirements as per NHRA rulebook and local tech guy... Some of the crazy things we had to add were a transmission blanked and rear axle loops?!? which limited us to still have to run the car in the 10.00 and slower for the better part of the year... At this point all the safety items have been addressed and car has valid chassis certification and will pass safety inspection anywhere we choose to run.

We have also utilized this year to get driver (me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) to pass nhra license... This required a series of half track and slow passed. At this point all that is required for me to get the nhra license is one more 9s pass - so next time to the track that will also be completed... - Once I have my license Nate will jump in the seat of 431 to get his..

The car went thru several changes since last years 9.3@146
1. gt4202r ball bearing turbo with twin scroll manifold and twin gates
2. addition of nitrous
3. lighter wheels
4. upgraded brakes
5. new fuel system
6. full cage
7. parachute and other safety items as per NHRA rules

The motor is still the same one as last year- we have tried hard to blow it up over the last two years but have been unsuccessful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

This car still has full interior, power door locks, windows and working sunroof... I also have the original hood and trunk. If I choose i can put it to total stock look - which likely will happen sometime in the future.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

I just wanted to add how much of a gigantic PITA the NHRA rules have been! We've been to Island Dragway 5 times this season, and we STILL aren't really legal to run 9's yet. Have been kinda fighting it out with the NHRA tech guy who was going nuts with new little details every time. Twice we went to make license passes and couldn't because of paperwork technicalities (like a DR signing the physical form in the wrong spot). One time we went and the tech guy says we need driveshaft retaining hoops around all the axles and every section of the driveshaft. (anyone want to guess how you mount driveshaft loops to your articulating rear suspension control arms!!!). One time he said Nelson's nomex fire suit wasn't correct because we are running ALKY fuel (e85)....he was confused as to the fire suit required for a nitro-methane/methanol dragster and the suit required for a pump ethanol 9sec car apparently.

It's middle of the year and we are just getting started with the tuning and full throttle passes. We have got the car to launch halfway decent (still pansy IMHO) with the GT4202 by spraying a dry nitrous hit while on the converter. Without the nitrous, it's a dead duck and will get like 2.1 launches, even with a 2.3L and a loose converter, turbo is just a little too big for auto/all motor.

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Keep her straight and hold on. Can't wait for the video. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

James

keeping it straight is for panseys.
stive to be like this guy

click

Quoting NateCrisman:
I just wanted to add how much of a gigantic PITA the NHRA rules have been! We've been to Island Dragway 5 times this season, and we STILL aren't really legal to run 9's yet. Have been kinda fighting it out with the NHRA tech guy who was going nuts with new little details every time. Twice we went to make license passes and couldn't because of paperwork technicalities (like a DR signing the physical form in the wrong spot). One time we went and the tech guy says we need driveshaft retaining hoops around all the axles and every section of the driveshaft. (anyone want to guess how you mount driveshaft loops to your articulating rear suspension control arms!!!). One time he said Nelson's nomex fire suit wasn't correct because we are running ALKY fuel (e85)....he was confused as to the fire suit required for a nitro-methane/methanol dragster and the suit required for a pump ethanol 9sec car apparently.

It's middle of the year and we are just getting started with the tuning and full throttle passes. We have got the car to launch halfway decent (still pansy IMHO) with the GT4202 by spraying a dry nitrous hit while on the converter. Without the nitrous, it's a dead duck and will get like 2.1 launches, even with a 2.3L and a loose converter, turbo is just a little too big for auto/all motor.

Sounds like the douche is pissed off/hating on you guys because of your car. It seems to me he cant accept the fact that a 4banger are able to reach a 9 sec pass as easily as their "No replacemt for displacement" V8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

BTW, that is some crazy car! Kudos for the great work you guys did/doing and pushing the envelope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutely beautiful car. Very high attention to detail is evident in those photos. I'm really impressed that is still has all the glass, the front support frame, power windows, door locks, the full interior, and that heavy sunroof! Ive seen gutted tin can hondas weighing less than 2500 lbs run slower than this car. People have sold these cars before complaining about how they are too heavy and not aerodynamic enough to reach their goal and it's clear to me that those are just excuses because they either didn't have the money, or the perseverance. Obviously you guys have both. So, f***ing great job to you guys.

DynastyLCD

wow. simply amazing! the attention to detail is unreal. that car just looks flat out beautiful!!!

questions: why the full exhaust, to get around the streets and townships without too much hassle?

and why the GT42r setup, when guys are going high 8's on T3 frame turbos?

matt92vr4

absolutely perfect! Thanks for keeping it stock looking!

I know the tracks up north are really tough on the rules. If worst comes to worse you can head to NC and SC for a couple outings. You will pass tech, no questions asked.

Gizmovr4

Quoting DynastyLCD:
wow. simply amazing! the attention to detail is unreal. that car just looks flat out beautiful!!!

questions: why the full exhaust, to get around the streets and townships without too much hassle?

and why the GT42r setup, when guys are going high 8's on T3 frame turbos?

The exhaust will be used when we want to run the car in street class where an exhaust is mandatory

We switched to the gt42r mainly because we believed the gt37 to have been maxed out on airflow - keep in mind that all the other guys running in the 8s with the smaller turbos have a huge weight/aero advantage over our car that weighed in at 3235 last year and is surely heavier this year with the added cage and safety equiptment ... That however doesnt mean we will not revisit the gt37 at some point and perhaps run 8s with it in the car.

GSX_TC

f***ing astonishing! Now that is a VR4

onesickcrx

Wow it came out great! Even better then you described.... Is that a -16an feed line to the fuel filter?

Man this car has come far from when I first met you at the track... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

IncorpoRatedX

I would have sexual relations with that automobile... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts