The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1969 Rebuild Project aka Snow white

LordAthey

Alright so two years ago I was wanting a galant very bad. I surfed craigslist and found one in Wisconsin. The guy wanted 2000 didn't run because it overheated. Over a couple weeks I talked him down to 600 otherwise he was going to crush it. I drove up there and back in one trip (I must really love these cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif).

So anyways getting ready to drop the motor and start redoing everything. It has 173000 on the car and it is bone stock (when I mean done stock it has every damn stock piece in and on the car, which made me very happy. At least this way I wont have to buy a bunch of interior parts). The only bad thing is that its very rusty. Now looking at it and feeling the rust it hasn't ate thru the metal so I think I can save this white beauty aka snow white. So the game plan is to rebuild the motor with eagle rods and wiesco pistons. Going to replace and redo most of the stuff on the under body as its rusted as you can tell by the pictures. Go with the 16g turbo and just make a DD with a little power. Here are some pictures I took of the car over the weekend. I will get more up once I start getting on the project a little more.

img.php

Last edited:

bobdole

Thanks for saving her. Looking forward to more updates.

Charles

Okayplayer

Good find! I don't see very many high 1900 # cars, your's is one up from me, pretty cool

LordAthey

Well update motor is almost out just need to find a cherry picker. Started school so that is taking most of my time but I have started ordering some parts here are some pics.

FP Manifold

big 16g turbo with a punishment racing 02 housing with dump pipe

ACT 2600 Clutch and a Fidanza flywheel

Intercooler / Intercooler pipping, Exhaust, and Aluminum Radiator

BC Springs, Valves, Valve Guides, Retainers, 3G lifters and a 3G MAF

Prosport Gauges and AEM Wideband

ARP Headstuds, 90's OFH, B&M oil cooler and a 1G Dejon intake pipe (I've this for 3 years and never used, but can't use it with the 3g MAF)and a stainless steel turbo oil line.

BC 272 Cams

Last edited:

LordAthey

Well after it decided to get cold around here I was able to get the motor out. Got the motor apart and seems to be alright, but since I'm rebuilding it might as well be safe and get it checked out. The plan is to get the block checked out and get some forged internals. I will get some pictures up later as I will working on it later today. Also when we were jacking the car up the pinch welds were rust and snapped off (I will get a picture of that too). Other then that just need to do the abs delete and get the battery relocated, before putting the motor in.

rmontalvo23

What is the part number for that B&M Oil Cooler you're going to use? I've been wanting to add an oil cooler to mine.

LordAthey

I will get you the part number when I get home I actually bought the 1g kit off of extreme psi. Any who here is some pictures of the mess lol.

Hoping to get the block and head to the machine shop. Next weekend I'm planning on removing everything from the engine bay and power washing it. Then going to get it ready for paint. Trying to beat the cold weather on this as I hate the cold lol.

Last edited:

Redwood

hell yea man. good luck with your build. im kinda in the same spot as you i just didnt do a build sheet yet. cant wait to see more tho.

LordAthey

Well guys I'm starting to do some more work today as its nice outside. My only question is it looks like the PO hit something and on the underside there is two dents right across from each other. It looks like nothing is wrong but should I get it fixed? Or how should I get it fixed? I will post a couple better pictures later to show you what I mean.

Thanks,

Scott

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts