The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

***:Problem With H&R Springs Need Help***

RHDgalantVR4

So I bought the H&R lowering springs for my car and they lowered the front of my car 1.5" and the rear none. Does anyone else run KYB and H&R springs willing to send me pictures and measurements from the ground to the wheel well. Apparently im the only VR-4 with this issue. The car stock from ground to fender was 26.5" stock at all 4 corners.

rear after lowering springs installed!!! (measured from center hub to wheel well)

whole car as you can see sits like a drag car in the rear

Rear spring with 4 dead man coils is this the same for other people?

Last edited by a moderator:

dammitjim

Did you confirm that you have the right part number for the springs on the rear?

I'm sure this sucks but the all caps drama title is a bit much.

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

It's not the springs, it's the struts. the kybs are made to the dsm spec & the lower spring perch is slightly higher in the rear. all of us have either cut the dead coils, this was several years ago for me, or lived with the ass high look.

If I recall correctly you cut 1.5 coils off the rears to level them out. I would start with one & go half a coil from there till you're happy with the height.

RHDgalantVR4

This has been a 2 month long fight to get problem to be fixed.

Galant VR4 AWD, 16V 1989-94 Sport Spring incl. turbo 1.4 1.3 52974 $329.00

Last edited by a moderator:

RHDgalantVR4

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
It's not the springs, it's the struts. the kybs are made to the dsm spec & the lower spring perch is slightly higher in the rear. all of us have either cut the dead coils, this was several years ago for me, or lived with the ass high look.

If I recall correctly you cut 1.5 coils off the rears to level them out. I would start with one & go half a coil from there till you're happy with the height.

so is there any shock out there that would correct this problem? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting RHDVR4GALANT:
Quoting SouthCaliVR4:

so is there any shock out there that would correct this problem? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

None I'm aware of.

I did recently see a new line o struts from bilstein, I haven't found any good info on them though & they may well have the same issue. there's just way more dsm's & it makes more sense to produce for them than specific to an AWD galant.

yeti

Quoting dmj:
I had to cut 2 coils to get the car to sit right when I purchased my H&R's

rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned