The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

High Coasting Idle

Nartanian

Hey guys, this issue has me stumped. Hoping someone may know what's going on. The problem is the car idles at 2500rpm when in neutral and going over 15mph. The FIAV is deleted and blocked off. The car idles perfectly fine when at a stop or rolling in neutral under 15mph. So far I've tried replacing the ISC and messing with the BISS but no luck. I have no boost leaks, and I have double checked with a friend that the throttle body cable isn't leaving the throttle plate partially open.

Any other ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks!

James

just to make sure, have you tried lifting the pedal up with your foot when its doing this? this will insure its not the cable/tb/anything getting stuck.

ktmrider

Closed Throttle Switch good? If so I've heard a bad and/or disabled ABS system can do this too.

Nartanian

Quoting James:
just to make sure, have you tried lifting the pedal up with your foot when its doing this? this will insure its not the cable/tb/anything getting stuck.

Yes I have. Also when going under 15mph it doesn't stay at 2500rpm. I do have ABS delete though... I will need to do some research on that aspect. That didn't even cross my mind.

Nartanian

I think you're on to something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif A bit of searching led me to this thread back in 03: ABS Motor Causing High Idle I will try the suggestions and post back.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned